Full Job Description
Estes Forwarding Worldwide (EFW) is a leading domestic and international freight forwarder in the United States, providing customized logistics and warehousing solutions for clients around the world and across all industries via air, ground, and ocean freight. A subsidiary of Estes Express lines with corporate located in Richmond, Virginia, EFW is uniquely backed by Estes Express Lines’ extensive line haul network providing EFW clients with a hybrid transportation network. The company has received industry awards, including Specialty Carrier of the Year and E-Commerce Delivery Carrier of the Year, and has been recognized by Global Trade Americas as a leading 3PL to watch.
We are proud to offer highly competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Job referral bonus program
The Dispatcher, Operations will be responsible for coordinating various logistical functions in the office and warehouse including but not limited to, communicating with the drivers and customers on a daily basis regarding deliveries and routes, dispatching according to service requested and on-time delivery date.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- The dispatch coordinator will enter all data into the computer systems, filling out all related paperwork, resolve any delivery issues, returns and or driver/helper issues.
- Dispatcher will manage all communication with appropriate local agent regarding the truck and driver/helper provided to EFW.
- Schedule the routes for efficiency and direct, train & coach drivers/helpers for the growth and understanding of the EFW Experience.
- Planning, organizing and coordinating the time and the related information with the drivers/helpers and the customers, for timely deliveries.
- Handling any requests and complaints from customers.
- Answering phones for EFW cartage.
- Scanning documents and typing information into the computer system.
- Manage the consol’s and rates for the carriers.
- Oversee compliance of the deliver apps use, handle calls, texts from drivers/helpers. Time in and out reports on their arrival and departure times.
- Comply with company C-TPAT and TSA security procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 0-2 years of experience. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
Ability to read and interpret general business documents. Ability to write routine reports and general business correspondence. Ability to work with peers and communicate basic concepts.
Ability to solve practical problems through standardized solutions that require limited judgment. Ability to follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve routine problems.
Thorough knowledge of WorldTrak.
Must have proficient working knowledge of Dispatch Track.
Must have some basic knowledge of the DOT and HOS rules and Regulations.
Must be able to use a computer with the thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email and the Internet usage.
Must be punctual to work and be able to handle stress and meet all deadlines in a timely manner with accuracy.
Must be dependable and be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, still with accuracy.
Must be able to provide excellent customer service.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
At this time, EFW will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.EFW prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and a background check.
EFW offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status
EFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.