Regional Manager, Client Service
Full Job Description
Regional Manager, Client Service
Join Livingston, the largest customs broker in Canada and the third largest entry filer in the U.S. We’re a market leader offering customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight forwarding services at more than 90 key locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Customs brokerage is our core business and helping our customers navigate the complex and changing world of international trade is what we do best. Consider joining our team for the opportunity to grow your career. From entry level to expert advisors, our supportive culture of learning will help you get the career you want.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: NY Tonawanda - US041, MI Port Huron - US067, MI Taylor MI - US025, NY Champlain - US019
Reporting to the Director, Client Service, this position is responsible for the overall service level management for all clients within their region. Responsible for achieving team profitability, client retention, up-selling opportunities and client loyalty through performance management, training, coaching, mentoring and motivating staff.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train, motivate, mentor, coach and manage the overall performance of staff members to achieve results.
- Ensures delivery of exceptional client service to foster and enhance superior client relationships within the region.
- Drive the revenue, profitability, retention, and client satisfaction to ensure the region meets or exceeds its targets. Review attainment vs. target for the region and develop corrective actions where necessary.
- Analyze data and run reports for clients within the region to identify trends and patterns, track lost business, determine and resolve root cause issues and increase client satisfaction and loyalty.
- Manage and control the use of systems and technology, such as the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools, to drive efficiency in all client service operations. Monitor and report service level statistics and other key performance indicators.
- Develop processes and procedures to achieve regional goals and objectives.
- Conduct root-cause analysis and create scalable solutions to resolve systemic issues or service delivery deficiencies.
- Create and foster partnerships with other internal departments to resolve cross-functional communication or cooperation difficulties.
- Assist direct reports with challenging barriers and obstacles they may encounter.
- Maintain appropriate balance between client service and up-selling activities/sales focused revenue growth.
- Attend client visits with the Client Service Mangers as required.
- Complete annual performance reviews with direct reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to develop and maintain deep, consultative relationships with external and internal clients.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Knowledge and experience with project management methodology and techniques.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- The ability to make and execute effective decisions based on factual content.
- Comfortable preparing and making presentations to small and large audiences.
- Ability to be self-motivated, creative and work in a challenging and stressful environment.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and schedule activities.
- Excellent understanding of customs brokerage process, procedures, regulations, and regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) and Customer Relationship Management tools.
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
6 years of related experience
Required: Bachelors Degree or equivalent
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Leading and Developing
Inclusion and Collaboration
Customer First Focus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
For Canada: Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.