Senior Raw Material Planner - Vaccine
Full Job Description
In the race for the future of health – The Sanofi mRNA Center of Excellence (CoE)
At Sanofi, we chase the miracles of science, and we know mRNA has a role to play in the future of health. And while the pandemic has shaken up our industry, creating new opportunities and risks, we believe the acceleration of innovation with mRNA technology means vaccines and treatments for more people faster than before.
That’s why we’re looking for bold, optimistic world-changers to join our mRNA Center of Excellence. We’re investing €400m a year into the new Center, hiring a team of 450 dedicated employees, and focusing on implementing an integrated end-to-end mRNA vaccine capabilities and research with R&D, digital and CMC teams.
Bring your ambition and optimism and join us on our journey to discover and deliver transformative medicine to patients through the advancement of our cutting-edge mRNA technology!
About the Opportunity
The Senior Raw Material Planner is responsible for the planning and procurement activities for all incoming raw materials required for production. This includes analyzing material requirements, purchase order placement, order expediting, and issue resolution. A key function is supplier data collection required to support vendor and material qualification activities and future ERP implementations.
This role will also be responsible for the distribution and inventory management activities for all materials required for all internal and external manufacturing of drug substance, bulk drug product and fill/finish operations. This role will work closely with Marcy l’étoile/FR logistics coordinator, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Manufacturing Science & External Vendor Management teams and will coordinate all shipping activities required to support internal and external manufacturing. He/she will deliver better inventory handling controls and accuracy across all storage locations, implement third party warehousing/logistics strategy for the company, and build the needed audit and reporting infrastructure to ensure the work process is functioning compliantly and efficiently.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Assist development and implementation of supply strategies and material requirements and procurement plans to support Center of Excellence production plans.
- Creates, issues, and confirms direct and indirect purchase orders using company system in accordance with purchasing policies and governance.
- Reconcile receiving, quality and invoice issues.
- Co-lead vendor management meetings to coordinate required activities to ensure timely delivery and release of raw materials.
- Evaluates and monitors supplier shipping schedules and expedite Purchase Orders as needed to achieve on-time-delivery.
- Establishes and maintains effective supplier relationships.
- Maintains close working cross functional relationships with Quality, Finance, AP and business partners.
- Management of the internal requirements for supplier and vendor qualification is a key role of the position. Specifications, quality, delivery, cost requirements need to be understood and managed.
- Review and Maintain Bills of Materials (BOM) for all products by collaborating with internal stakeholders.
- Develop and deploy a standardized inventory handling and control process across all storage locations to ensure inventory and location accuracy, with measures, expected targets and measurement frequency
- Manage imports and exports in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations to ensure product moves quickly through customs to consignee
- Ensure proper trade compliance activities are conducted
- Work with internal manufacturing teams to identify upcoming material requirements and coordinate shipment and delivery activities to ensure material availability.
- Monitor raw material inventory at the internal manufacturing warehouse.
- Coordinate and communicate all shipment requests from raw material vendors to depots and/or manufacturing sites.
- Select carriers for transportation and monitor performance and manage their accounts.
- Monitor all shipments between depots and CMOs and ensure shipments are received at the destination in good condition.
- Review and resolve any excursions or shipping issues that occurs during transit or storage.
- Prepare, review and appropriately store all shipping and receiving documentation in alignment with GxP regulations.
- Create and maintain required SOP and/or Work instructions as it relates to shipping and storage of materials to minimize problems related to distribution and logistics.
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and a minimum of 2+ years of experience in a supply chain, logistical or manufacturing role, ideally within in a pharmaceutical, Biotechnology manufacturing or related environment OR equivalent experience and/or education.
- Possesses a proactive and customer service-oriented mindset
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, team environment consisting of internal and external team members
- Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Direct experience with clinical and/or commercial distribution and inventory management preferred.
- Knowledgeable in domestic and international rules, regulations and costs associated with all modes of transport for pharmaceuticals and chemicals
- Working knowledge of Import/Export and global trade compliance requirements.
- Experience with ERP Systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and skills
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a healthcare company and a vaccine manufacturer, Sanofi has an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. All US based roles require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of your job responsibilities.
According to the CDC, an individual is considered to be “fully vaccinated” fourteen (14) days after receiving (a) the second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or (b) the single dose of the J&J vaccine. Fully vaccinated, for new Sanofi employees, is to be fully vaccinated 14 DAYS PRIOR TO START DATE.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.