Full Job Description
LOCATION 4287 Route 130 S Edgewater Park NJ US 08010
Are you innovative and do you excel in identifying opportunities to move business forward? Do you have a high level of integrity and thrive in fast paced, people oriented environments? If yes, come join one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation- join the Burlington Stores team as an Import Specialist !
The Import Specialist is responsible to ensure all imported Burlington merchandise is cleared accurately and timely with U.S. Customs and Border Protection. This position requires daily coordination with the U.S. Customs Broker to send all required documentation for clearance of all Burlington merchandise into the U.S. The Import Specialist will audit all documentation including the 7501, commercial invoice, packing list, Debit Note, First Sale, Bill of Lading, ADD/CVD, additional China 301 Tariffs, Chemical TSCA, FWS, FDA, and all additional special requirements.
- Review and approve clearance documentation prior to US Customs clearance. Ensure US Customs entries are complete and with accurate HTS#, cost of goods, manufacturer, and shipping information.
- Maintain record keeping in Microsoft Teams spreadsheets and related databases.
- Review Entry Summaries to ensure accurate entry with US Customs to include non-dutiable costs, assists and royalties.
- Maintain a clear understanding of US Customs import shipment requirements, rules, bans, China Section 301 tariffs, Free Trade Agreements, PGAs (FDA, FWS, APHIS, etc.)
- Communicate with forwarder and vendors to ensure clearance documentation is sent timely and follow up with vendors regarding errors and/or additional information that may be needed.
- Provide and create reporting on clearance data when requested. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge of Customs Clearance, Merchandise Clearance and Compliance
Our ideal candidate will have an Associate’s Degree in international business + 3-5 years of direct experience in lieu of Associates Degree.
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage, flexible hours, and an associate discount. Burlington’s benefits package includes medical, dental and vision coverage including life and disability insurance. Full time associates are also eligible for paid time off, paid holidays and a 401(k) plan.
We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of training and development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. Our teams work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number 2022-185772
Location US-NJ-Edgewater Park
Address 4287 Route 130 S
Zip Code 08010
Workplace Type Hybrid
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Posted Date 2 months ago (9/27/2022 7:39 AM)
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Supply Chain
Your application has been successfully submitted.