NAMP Planner Buyer
Full Job Description
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
NAMP Planner Buyer
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for implementing Source-to-Pay, and Supply and Demand Planning processes for an assigned portfolio of Non-Amgen Medicinal Products (NAMP) supporting global clinical studies.
- Translate Product Supply Setup and MRP Planned Order requirements into an optimal global supply plan by working closely with Clinical Product Setup Leads, Development Supply Chain Leads, and Global Study Planners.
- Collaborate with Vendors, Partners, and Clinical Supply Chain; demonstrate demand forecast and use of SAP and other supply/scenario planning tools to ensure patient supply.
- Involvement in market assessments and gathering of market intelligence to determine the optimal sourcing strategy for each assigned Non-Amgen Medicinal Product based on demand, availability, documentation, expiry, pricing, quality, and any other relevant factors.
- Actively participate in planning meetings to ensure that project needs, priorities, and timing are understood.
- Resolve Sourcing and Delivery conflicts impacting studies and R&D breakthroughs, ensuring that supplies are not on the critical path. Resolve invoicing issues.
- Coordinate with others in Clinical Supply Chain and/or Contract Manufacturers on labeling, packaging, and shipment of drug products. Collaborate with Global Trade Organization (GTO) for international shipments and manage the import-for-export process.
- Implement quarterly PO/invoice reconciliation with Finance and provide ERP system updates to standard costs/export pricing annually.
- ERP System tasks such as: SKU Creation, Master Data updates, Purchase Orders Creation, Open Orders Reports. MyBuy/Ariba tasks: Create and manage Purchase Requisitions.
- Create Temperature Excursion (TE) forms and work with collaborators until completion. Provide NAMP supporting documentation to assess TE’s.
- Training of new employees.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients.
- Master’s degree OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of Operations/Life Science industry/Supply Chain/Procurement/Planning experience OR
- Associate’s degree and 6 years of Operations/Life Science industry/Supply Chain/Procurement/Planning experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Operations/Life Science industry/Supply Chain/Procurement/Planning experience
- 4+ years of experience in procurement of Comparator Products and/or GMP Materials.
- Proficiency with ERP Systems such as SAP.
- Supply and Demand Planning experience for Clinical Trial Materials.
- Strong teamwork and influencing capabilities.
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Solid analytical skills and knowledge of Cost Accounting.
- Strong procurement skills (e.g. gathering market intelligence, negotiation, vendor relationship management).
- Experience in managing transportation, including Import/Export of medicinal products.
- APICS, ISM or Lean/Six Sigma certification.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.
Your application has been successfully submitted.