Full Job Description
Join Livingston, the largest customs broker in Canada and the third largest entry filer in the U.S. We’re a market leader offering customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight forwarding services at more than 90 key locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Customs brokerage is our core business and helping our customers navigate the complex and changing world of international trade is what we do best. Consider joining our team for the opportunity to grow your career. From entry level to expert advisors, our supportive culture of learning will help you get the career you want.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: IL Itasca - US021
This position will provide support to the business operations with both clerical support and also with department-specific processing.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a queue of incoming electronic documents
- Identify, categorize, and index the documents in an electronic document management system
- Ensure that all electronic documents are handled in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform tracking functions of shipments moving throughout the global supply chain
- Make relevant updates of shipments through data entry in the organization's primary operating system
- Support the Customs Brokerage and Customs Entry Writer team to ensure all required information is updated and available
- Assist in completing Customs required electronic filings (ISF)
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of Excel and Word Software
- Strong service orientation and poised professional demeanor
- Working knowledge of equipment used: Personal Computer, Calculator, and various other common business equimpment
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
1 year of experience
Required: High School/GED or equivalent
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Customer First Focus
Leading and Developing
Inclusion and Collaboration
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
For Canada: Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.