Full Job Description
Interested in furthering your sales career in the Electrical Products testing industry? Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification) Services, is looking for an experienced Sales Representative in Duluth, Georgia for our electrical sales team, that wants to build something great with an incredible group of people.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start or grow a versatile career, facilitating international trade and regulatory product testing on the Electrical Sales Team! By joining Intertek, your contributions will be valued as we continue to help the world Build Back Ever Better.
Intertek is a Nationally Recognized Testing Lab (NRTL) and trusted provider of quality and safety solutions to many of the world's leading brands and companies and governments. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality, safety, and sustainability of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
About the Electrical Team
Intertek's Electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection, and certification for a variety of electric products, including appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices, information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality, safety, and sustainability of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
What will you be Doing?
The Sales Representative will support the US Electrical business by direct sales activity including increasing existing sales and identifying and developing new business opportunities within an assigned territory/accounts. This position will spend at least 50% of the time outside of the office visiting clients, attending trade shows, etc. We’re looking for somebody who is self-sufficient with an entrepreneurial approach in their work.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- Sell Intertek’s services within assigned vertical, account and territory through effective client research, prospecting and networking.
- Meet with current and prospective customers via client presentations and participation at trade shows.
- Meet order and revenue quotas on a monthly basis.
- Write and follow up on proposals, specify appropriate standards and pricing; Follow through on sales transactions to ensure a superior customer experience for every project.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Meet all activity targets and log activity into iConnect (CRM), as required.
- Prepare sales reports and forecasts, as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
What Qualifications do you Need?
- High school diploma or GED and 1+ years successful direct sales experience.
- Business to business sales experience is preferred.
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Must be energized and self-motivated and have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable driving record (required).
- Physical dexterity/mobility to travel via car, airplane and to perform all clerical functions inherent to the position.
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details. The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carry out the above defined duties.
Our Value Proposition
We offer a salary and benefits package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, generous vacation/sick time (PTO), tuition reimbursement and more. In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, our Sales Representatives are offered:
- Base pay plus commission
- Day to day variety with the ability to work on high profile projects
- Opportunity for growth (over 100 locations with opportunity for growth/advancement/relocation)
- Employee referral bonuses
Why Work at Intertek?
A career with Intertek offers rewarding opportunities to help companies around the world develop products used safely by millions of people every day. Intertek is the trusted advisor to many of the world’s leading brands, companies, and governments, and has earned a reputation for accuracy, reliability, integrity, and technical competence. Working at Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service with a purpose of bringing quality, safety, and sustainability to life.
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do .
Intertek promotes a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. With passion, pace, and precision we work to exceed our customers’ expectations, while engaging with our employees to be 10X in their performance and professional growth.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy .
Working at Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service with a purpose of bringing quality, safety, and sustainability of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification (ATIC) solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Working at Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service with a purpose of bringing quality, safety, and sustainability to life.
Your application has been successfully submitted.