Air & Ocean Import Freight Forwarding Agent
Full Job Description
At FedEx Logistics, you’ll find everything you’d expect of a people-first, global industry leader. FedEx offer a chance at a long rewarding career within one of the World’s Top Companies. From benefits to special training to advancement opportunities, our offering is deep and wide to match our commitment to your career aspirations. Employee compensation and rewards are structured to acknowledge individual effort, stimulate new ideas, encourage outstanding performance, and promote teamwork.
As a Import Forwarding Agent you will provide and ensure a high level of customer service by developing and maintaining a strong relationship with customers' front line personnel in the various operating divisions and subsidiaries.
- Provide and ensure a high level of customer service by developing and maintaining a strong relationship with customers' front line personnel in the various operating divisions and subsidiaries.
- Prepare, analyze, and/or submit documentation to the appropriate parties (agents and clients) in order to ensure they are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations relating to transportation.
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve problems which could delay the timely release or movement of freight.
- Maintain relationships with correspondent brokers, T&B, and other service providers to ensure that agents exceed the customers' service requirements.
- Resolve banking and letter of credit problems.
- Advise customers on payment terms.
- Resolve billing issues and ensure that invoicing and vendor payments are billed accurately.
- Complete accurate data input or corrections into computer files.
- Develop rates and/or provide quotes for the movement of freight.
- Resolve billing issues on customer's behalf.
- Generate special manual reports to meet customer’s needs.
- Ensure all communication with internal and external customers is updated timely
- Responsible for freight forwarding functions, which consist of: coordinating customer booking requests, setting-up new shipper, assisting with restricted articles submission, etc.
- Complete import/export documentation in accordance with international trade regulations.
- Engage with clients related to billing disputes, status of shipments, developing new lanes, improving service, etc.
- Dispatch carriers to pick up at CFS, FTN and customer related distribution centers
- Track and trace functions, including entry of all milestones and exceptions.
- Work all iServe cases.
- Coordinate oversized and out of gauge shipments.
- Handle Hazmat shipment
- The incumbent(s) of this position is expected to perform all other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong customer service, organizational, and communication (written/oral) skills.
- Knowledge of freight forwarding or logistic required.
- Working knowledge of air export regulations, if appropriate, related to export and Schedule B tariff classification.
- Banking requirements for international trade
- Regulations regarding dangerous goods shipping & foreign regulations.
- Familiarity with handling hazardous materials
- Knowledge of regulations for import/export related to DOT.
- Basic math skills for conversions to metric and currency evaluations.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in freight forwarding or logistics or work/field experience.
- Paid Weekly
- Shift: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00PM or as business needs require
- Benefit eligible upon hire - no waiting period
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Denver, CO 80239: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Dispatching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Freight: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.