Full Job Description
Join Livingston and grow your career in the constantly changing world of international trade. Livingston is a market leader offering customs brokerage, international trade consulting, compliance and freight forwarding services around the world. Livingston has over 3,000 employees at more than 90 key border crossings, sea ports, airports and other strategic locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment offers you the opportunity to work with leaders in the industry, receive recognition for achievements and develop your expertise in the complex and evolving world of trade. Learn how you can make an impact at Livingston.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: NY Cheektowaga - US039
SmartBorder, a division of Livingston International, is looking for a Software Solution Architect who has a passion for delivering great software products that provide significant value to customers. The Software Solution Architect acts as a requirements engineer for one or more development teams by identifying customer needs, eliciting and defining product requirements, identifying product options, and helping the development team transform them into working software. The Software Solution Architect works directly with internal and external stakeholders including the product owner, users, marketing, program management, software developers and software testers to analyze information, generate functional requirements, derive solutions, and deliver quality.
The successful candidate must be a self-motivated, positive person who puts team goals ahead of individual accomplishments, has excellent written and verbal communication skills, is able to work independently, and has strong influencing skills.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with stakeholders to identify solutions to customer needs and develop concepts for features and products
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distill user requests into true underlying needs
- Collaborate with scrum team members on solution designs for data structure, data mapping/transformation, user interface design, and functional work-flow.
- Plan and coordinate medium to large scale software application projects which includes research, design and implementation of new or modified applications; creates, reviews, and prepares business analysis documents including solution definition, cost estimates and project timelines
- Collaborate with product owner to prioritize and re-evaluate requirements throughout the software development lifecycle to ensure project objectives, product vision, and design conventions are being met
- Participate in planning and execution of QA and UAT, triage issues, and work with test and development teams to resolve issues
- Trouble-shoot performance, scale, and availability issues for integrated solutions and debugging production problems
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, the person must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with and understanding of freight / logistics / international trade software
- Experience with and understanding of customs brokerage software
- Experience in non-analyst roles within SDLC, especially coder role
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
7 years of related experience
Preferred: Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Computer Science
Customer First Focus
Leading and Developing
Inclusion and Collaboration
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
For Canada: Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.