Principal Specialist, Global Trade (Remote)
Full Job Description
At Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S), you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
We are looking for an experienced Global Trade licensing professional to support export/import (Ex/Im) licensing and compliance activities in its Surveillance and Network Solutions (SNS) business unit - a fast paced and exciting Ex/Im working environment. This position reports to the Global Trade (GT) Licensing Senior Manager supporting SNS’s surveillance and targeting programs in McKinney, TX and will be located either near a SNS site or remotely near another Raytheon location.
The Principal Specialist, Global Trade will be responsible for working with GT peers and managers to develop export/import strategies to support international capture, program and supply chain efforts. The position will work closely with internal customers to develop export and import authorizations that allow for the efficient and timely export or import of technology, technical data, hardware and services. The position will apply international export/import control regulations and laws to enable international business activities.
This is not a customs or logistics position.
What You Will Do:
- Assist with the development of export authorization strategies for the international marketing, sales, support, offshore procurement, and manufacturing of defense and dual use articles
- Prepare and submit export/import license applications, agreements, eligible exemptions/exceptions and other requests for USG approval
- Provide export/import authorization status updates to leadership and capture/program teams
- Participate in strategic business engagement at the program level to ensure business execution, growth and compliance
- Provide consistent interpretation of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to RI&S employees
- Facilitate approvals for the physical export/import of hardware and other transactional activities involving controlled goods, information and services
- Work with peers and stakeholders to determine and certify appropriate legal authority for exports/imports of dual-use commodities and technology, defense article hardware, and technical data and defense services
- Participate in compliance assessments and investigations
- Develop and deliver training for employees engaged in international business activities
- Review and approve technical and non-technical information, as needed prior to release to non-U.S. Persons
- Act as a resource for entry-level Ex/Im GT personnel
Skills and Requirements:
- U.S. citizenship status is required as this position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Clearance within 1 year of start date
- Experience researching, interpreting, and applying the ITAR and EAR
- Demonstrated experience in applying for and managing ITAR and EAR export authorizations
- Flexible, cooperative and collaborative; demonstrated ability to adapt to changing US Government and customer conditions
- Able to present recommendations to solve business challenges
- Problem solver, able to work under time sensitive circumstances, collaboratively or independently, and take initiative to address situations before issues arise
- Self-motivated and results oriented with ability to prioritize and make independent decisions
- Able to manage priorities of multiple tasks
- Attention to detail and follow through on assignments to achieve desired results
- Ability to travel to the McKinney, TX location or other locations as required to support business/program meetings, classified meetings, professional development, or other required travel - approximately 20%
- Experience with DECCS, SNAP-R, SAP-GT, OCR EASE IT systems
- Excellent customer relation/interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with strong sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple business functions for success
- Sincere interest in the field of Global Trade and its strategic impact
- Excellent customer relation/interpersonal skills
- Willing to take on challenges and accept stretch assignments
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and integrate export/import requirements with company's international business strategy
Typically requires a University Degree and a minimum of 5 years prior relevant experience, or an Advance Degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with great compensation, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
Remote, with ability to travel to our McKinney, TX or other Raytheon sites as needed
Relocation assistance is not available
The salary range for this role is $70,000.00 to $152,000.00 however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Your application has been successfully submitted.