Trade Compliance Coordinator
Full Job Description
The Trade Compliance Coordinator will administratively support the WASS Trade Compliance Team. This role will help maintain internal policy requirements by supporting the Trade Compliance team, assisting in monthly internal assessments, record keeping and documentation and will provide continued support with operational compliance to U.S. Export and Import laws and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and keep documentation, for example, export licenses for hardware, technical data and Foreign Person Employees and Technical Assistance Agreements, in accordance with internal processes and federal record keeping requirements
- Monitor and track Department Projects
- Schedule department meetings and take meeting notes
- Assist Trade Compliance staff with daily operational activities to include preparation and gathering of documentation related to exports, imports and licensing
- Assist the WASS Trade Compliance Team by gathering supporting documents in preparation of export license applications
- Monitor emails from HR regarding Foreign Person Employee new hires, transfers or terminations to ensure FPE licenses are issued, transferred or terminated as needed
- Maintain and update new hire tracker for Foreign Person Employees to ensure completion of on-boarding requirements
- Work with Trade Compliance Team on formatting work instructions for newly assigned tasks or revised processes
- Assist with revising, and formatting of Trade Compliance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), as directed by a Trade Compliance Manager
- Use document automation software to create and revise department forms as needed
- Assist the WASS Trade Compliance team with monthly assessments and work with the team to help resolve issues identified
- Support investigations, Government inquiries and external audits
- Perform other duties as assigned or required To be successful in the role, the candidate, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Attention to detail is required and must be able to work under general direction, plan, schedule and arrange own activities in accomplishing department objectives. Work will be reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting compliance goals.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work within a team setting.
- Effective planning, organization and analytical skills required.
- Must have attention to detail, good use of oral and written communications and possess interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills favored: Assist in developing solutions to a variety of complex problems by working successfully with all departments within the WASS program to fulfill contact requirements and maintain compliance with company policies and federal regulations.
- AA or AS degree from an accredited college or university or minimum 3 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Administrative experience on a government contract
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Three years related experience/equivalent work history in a similar role
- Demonstrate flexibility and the capacity to work in cross-functional teams
- Strong planning, organization, analytical, decision making, oral and written communication skills
- Capable of effectively handling time sensitive, critical issues to meet goals despite unexpected setbacks, obstacles or constraints
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing to learn and become familiar with trade compliance laws and regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) and implement industry best practices in accordance with those laws
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance at the MRPT level.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well-organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
- Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
- Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
- Quality & Safety Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
- Interpersonal Relationships Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Integrity Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
Job : WASS ADMINISTRATIVE/PMO
Primary Location : United States-Florida-Rockledge
Schedule : Full-time
Overtime Status : Exempt
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.