Customs Specialist, Entry Writer
Full Job Description
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 3rd largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 90 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers.
Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: USA - Laredo, W Bob Bullock Loop
Division: Air & Sea
Job Posting Title: Customs Specialist, Entry Writer
Time Type: Full Time
The Entry Writer is responsible for the inbound shipment process adherence to the local customs authority and any other government agencies which may have jurisdiction. Their duties are also to provide high level customer service and problem resolution in order to ensure timely customs releasee.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process customs entries and all other related government agency interfaces that may apply
- Meet service level requirements in accordance to the client standard operating procedure (SOP)
- Meet entry preparation and submission requirements based on client SOP, product service level and/or country and government agency requirements
- Prioritize work based on estimated time of arrival (ETA), product service level, workflow processes, last free day and transportation mode
- Classify entry per client SOP, Parts Database, and/or direction from licensed customs broker/classification specialist
- Enter required shipment data and customs data into the brokerage system
- Proactively work with government agencies and customs authorities to resolve issues
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (IF ANY)
- The entry writer may fill the position of a lead in a brokerage group. They may manage dispatchers, documentation personnel and others as necessary to complete the customs entry process.
Educational background / Work experience
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years experience working as an entry writer
- License Customs Broker (preferred but not required)
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented, organized and able to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Working knowledge of OGA’s – FDA, FCC, USDA, FWS, etc.
- High level of customer service
- Familiarity with customs regulations
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English and local country language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to adapt to new software easily
Physical and/or Mental Requirements / Working Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
At Will Employment
DSV Air & Sea Inc. employees are hired for an undefined period of time as “at will” employees. This means that an employee may be terminated for any reason, or no reason at all, at any time, provided the discharge does not violate any law*. Additionally, each employee has the right to terminate his/her employment at any time. *Except if employed in Montana, where termination requires just cause.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, disability, veteran status, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 90 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.
Visit dsv.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.