Marketing Manager, Foreign Trade Zone - Remote
Full Job Description
Marketing Manager, Foreign Trade Zone
Indianapolis International Airport
The IAA requires all new employee to be fully vaccinated prior to employment. “Fully-Vaccinated” means there have been two weeks since receiving the second (2nd) dose of the Pfizer or Moderna Vaccine or the one (1) dose of the Johnson & Jonson vaccine. New employees will be required to submit their vaccination records upon day one of employment.
Position will assist in the strategic planning, development, design and implementation of the Foreign Trade Zone development plans for the organization, both internal and external. Contribute to developing business marketing strategies while working with the various departments of the IAA and the community, with the goal of increasing passenger traffic, air cargo market, parking, property/commercial development, and the overall image of the IAA. In this position, the Marketing Manager works with various service providers and departments, as necessary, to implement marketing, communication and community related strategies.**
Public Speaking & Company Presentations: Broad knowledge of global trade, logistics, and the FTZ program is necessary. Frequent public speaking and presentations to company representatives regarding FTZ services and benefits is required. Researching private and multi-national companies and networking is necessary with CEOs, COOs, and CFOs. Frequent interaction with Local Economic Development Organizations (LEDOs) and political representatives is necessary.
Marketing: Marketing material creation and updating is necessary. Responsible areas of management include collateral materials, web content, premiums, trade shows, marketing events, and marketing reports. This position also supports IND’s growth strategies related to air cargo development and revenue streams/projects.
FTZ Administration: This position supports the administrative, accounting, and legal documents that support the business functions. Daily duties include accounts receivable deposits, accounts payable processing, budget support, monthly variance reporting, correspondence, various reports, annual tax returns, and effectively resolving customer outreach inquiries in a timely manner.
Customer Support & Retention: This position supports the annual compliance check conducted with each FTZ Operator. Various customers require assistance throughout the year and special support with filing their annual FTZ Report and complying with CBP notices/regulations.
Required Travel & Work Schedule: Additional duties will require frequent “day trips” within Indiana including customer site visits, compliance audits, marketing presentations, and local conferences. The GIFTZ supports 41 central Indiana county LEDO’s. All necessary equipment, vehicles, fuel, and support items are provided. Overnight travel in the U.S. is required to attend conferences a few times each year. This position is generally Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm, however; extended hours including working weekends may occur. This position has been classified for remote work.
Work is performed under the supervision of the General Manager with considerable latitude for independent movement and judgment. Performance is reviewed through reports, conferences, general observations, and measurements tied to strategic business objectives.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHERS
- The public.
- Immediate co-workers.
- Other department’s employees.
- Immediate supervisor.
- Senior managers.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Suppliers & vendors.
- Consultants, site selectors, and corporate legal counsel.
- Governmental entities.
- Political appointees/mayors/town managers/boards/commissioners.
- Reporters/media representatives.
- Local Economic Development Organization (LEDO) representatives.
- This position is responsible for marketing the services of INzone and federal FTZ benefits to potential customers.
- Assist in the development and operation of additional profitable services and agreements, which can be offered to existing or future customers.
- Assistance in gathering data and supporting air cargo initiatives at IND.
- Supports IND cargo development initiatives.
- Create and manage all aspects of marketing the FTZ program and creation of marketing materials or oversight of vendors.
- Assist with other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager.
- Ability to function in a team environment and make a positive contribution.
- Ability to work independently and produce measurable results and communicate those results in an effective manner.
- Ability to prioritize work, multi-task, and work with complex, detailed, and confidential information.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- A commitment to detail, accuracy, and goal accomplishment.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- B.S. in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field.
- 1-3 years marketing experience, preferably in a production facility, aviation, orglobal cargo/trade related field.
- Considerable knowledge and experience using computer software programs including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Adobe, Adobe Photoshop, Word Press, and Adobe Graphics.
- Considerable knowledge and experience managing social media platforms including: Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Knowledge and experience using a CRM database, OFIS, SmartZone Premier, and Wiz Flow preferred, but not necessary.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform all the physical and cognitive tasks outlined in the job description.
- Knowledge and understanding of warehousing operations & equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of CBP regulations.
- Knowledge of CBP ACE software, import documents, & inventory control.
- Knowledge and understanding of global transportation, supply chain management, and distribution.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, AND CONDITIONS*
- Valid Indiana driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to pass the requisite airport, DHS, TSA, FAA, CBP, and ICE security checks.
- Ability to perform all the essential functions of the job outlined without creating a direct threat to the safety of oneself or others.
- Ability to pass the requisite OSHA required forklift certification and other courses, if required.
- Operate computer and calculator.
- Lift up to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Climb ladders and stairs.
- Walk, crawl, stand, sit, pull, push, bend, stoop, squat, and stretch.
- Have physical dexterity and agility.
- Write, talk, see, and hear.
- *COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Read and comprehend.
- Comprehend, retain, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Exercise good judgment.
- Set priorities.
- Effectively communicate.
- Provide instructions and training.
- Problem solves.
- Do detailed work with minimal tolerance.
- Engage in continuous technical and management training.
- Handle high stress situations.
- Ability to use a telephone, fax machine, photo copier, computer, camera, and calculator.
- Work independently.
- Work as part of a team.
- Work extended continuous schedules/weekends.
- Work inside an office.
- Travel via car in different weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified._
Job Type: Full-time
Your application has been successfully submitted.