US CUSTOMS SERVICE CENTER LEAD (REMOTE)
Full Job Description
This role will be responsible for managing key aspects of the Customs Compliance OSC, delivering centralized management of Customs Brokers, Country of Origin determinations, Customs audits, and other aspects of Customs compliance to support TE's operations. Key responsibilities relate to the Customs Compliance OSC include but are not limited to Customs broker management, country of origin determinations, training, and systems deployment and optimization. joining a team of global trade professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business by providing business solutions for compliance with global trade laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will be able to collaborate and thrive in a global environment while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together, and championing change.
- Execute all aspects of the Customs Compliance OSC, including customs broker management, country of origin determinations, and other shared Customs services.
- Maintain TE operations and compliance activities in accordance with applicable customs and import laws and regulations, TE policies, procedures, and controls, in collaboration with GTS Governance Team, and other OSC service areas
- Maintain Service Level Agreements with GTS Operational Compliance teams, including Segment, and BU leads, to ensure sound and consistent business practices and broad company awareness to OSC requirements
- Design and leverage trade data analytics to identify compliance risks, cost-savings opportunities, and other metrics of value and effectiveness
- Contribute to strategic projects focused on enhancing capabilities of TE's systems impacted by customs considerations to drive efficiencies and cost savings for the company
- Partner with GTS Governance to monitor trade compliance regulatory and legislative changes, assess the potential impact to the business, and determine the necessary actions and communications with the appropriate stakeholders
- Partner with GTS Governance to review competitive contracts, evaluate scope of services and ensure that TE receives best-in-class partners, services, and systems
- Conduct periodic planning sessions in collaboration with GTS Governance, and Operational Compliance teams to align on strategy, results, and opportunities
What your background should look like:
What your background should look like:
Success in the role requires strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strategic analysis and planning capabilities involving complex situations, highly developed oral and written communication skills and the ability to coordinate interdisciplinary teams (internal and external) to drive issues and projects to conclusion.
In addition, successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience, and skills:
- Bachelor's degree required (international relations, supply chain, law or related field preferred)
- 6+ years of experience in international trade, focusing primarily on trade compliance and management of customs and imports programs
- Preferred: 3+ years of experience in communications, industrial, or transportation industries
- Functional knowledge of customs and imports topics in multiple jurisdictions
- Proven ability to build trust and work with a variety of business groups in a dynamic global organization
- Highly developed decision-making skills in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to execute and provide results despite challenges and setbacks.
- Excellent organizational habits and priority management
- Customer focused with a commitment to quality
- Some travel may be necessary in fulfillment of responsibilities
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $92,000 – $138,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
Your application has been successfully submitted.