VP Corporate Development
Full Job Description
As Vice President Corporate Development, you will develop and drive strategies for all aspects of acquisitions, divestitures, joint venture transactions and other growth initiatives in support of strategic growth. You'll facilitate critical negotiation strategies, work collaboratively across the enterprise, and lead market analysis, business analysis and financial analysis to develop business growth strategies. You'll oversee the execution of approved acquisitions, taking them from concept through due diligence and integration. You’ll also contribute to or lead (as appropriate) the valuation discussion in evaluating business opportunities, work with the business areas and corporate teams to decide whether to pursue an opportunity and, if the decision is made to proceed, arrive at the most appropriate structure for any transaction, and lead the due diligence process.Sierra Space, based in Louisville, Colorado with operations in Madison, Wisconsin and Durham, North Carolina, designs and manufactures advanced spacecraft, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers and international organizations.
Learn more about Sierra Space
- Manage the overall M&A pipeline. Ideal candidate will be able to conduct analyses on the market Sierra Space is currently in or wanting to enter and be able to proactively source deals to the internal investment committee.
- In support of Corporate Development, collaborates and consults with other functional work streams and key stakeholders to clarify and define requirements, budgets, and business cases to align with strategic objectives
- Prepare presentations and reporting to senior management on potential M&A transactions, capital structure, and strategic growth initiatives
- Working with business partners to prioritize objectives and evaluate partnership and acquisition opportunities against identified strategies.
- Leading and supporting projects to develop value-added M&A tools and resources for advisors to leverage in their businesses
- Find opportunities to improve operational efficiencies – seek, share & implement standard methodologies
- Leads and develops an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans, and rewards and recognition
- Mobilizes and leads a team responsible for all facets of the M&A process, including assessment, due diligence, integration planning, and closing of M&A deals
- Working with the CFO and the head of Business Development, develops standardized templates, valuation processes, and methodologies to analyze the financial and operational impact of transactions
- Performs rigorous analysis of operational and financial impact of potential transactions
- Develops valuations for potential targets
- Applies consistent governance over M&A deals to ensure proper financial risk management, transparency, and predictability in M&A due diligence and integration efforts
- Provides oversight of execution activities to ensure adoption and adherence to standardized process and methodology
- Coordinates the closing of transactions and ensure a successful transition plan is in place
- Manages resource allocations and profiles across M&A deals ensuring appropriate financial resources are adequately distributed
- Promotes transparency and collaboration across all stakeholders, departments, and external vendors
- Acts as the primary point of contact to adjust acquisition and transition plans while identifying ongoing issues, concerns and gaps to ensure alignment of objectives.
- Directs post implementation team audit and develops plan to address gaps, dis-satisfiers, inconsistencies and additional needs.
- Follows up on leads from interested parties regarding acquisition opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Higher-level degree may be considered in lieu of relevant experience
- Relevant experience may substitute for required education
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of one or more of the following disciplines: corporate development, investment banking, venture capital, private equity, large-scale global-management consulting, acquisition processes, opportunity identification and qualification
- Extensive experience with merger/acquisition (M&A), new business launch, divestiture, and joint venture activities
- Advanced working knowledge and experience with the due diligence process and negotiation strategies and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior business and government leaders and to provide leadership within the workplace
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to clearly express concepts in verbal and written forms with the ability to clearly communicate complex regulatory requirements and solutions
- Proven leadership abilities inclusive of successful change management, mentoring, career development, training, succession planning, holding people accountable, and conducting yearly reviews
- Proven experience and skills in team building, time management, conflict resolution, communication, briefing, presentation, and strategic thinking
- Typically 15-20+ years of relevant experience;
- Advanced skills in assessing external competition by gathering data from multiple, often disparate, qualitative and quantitative sources and synthesizing it into meaningful reports and presentations
- Previous management experience; ability to recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence
- Demonstrated passion for ideation and innovation, as well as motivating others to act by creating a shared sense of vision or purpose
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and understand complex technical and program interdependencies
- Possess a strategic mindset, linking technology to business
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, the US Department of Defense (Civilian), NASA/Civil or commercial space and/or US Military, with an understanding of defense, aerospace, intelligence, and adjacent markets
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required
- Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
With 30+ years of proven spaceflight heritage, Sierra Space has provided more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components to customers worldwide, and participated in more than 500 missions to space, including to Mars. The company has technology in production and in development to enable space habitats for short- and long-duration space travel, a fleet of Dream Chaser spaceplanes, and the first free-flying commercial space station. Please visit www.sierraspace.com to learn more about Sierra Space, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products and services.
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $246,117.71 - $338,411.86Sierra Space offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
Sierra Space offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities, we are taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 and associated variants pose in the workplace. SNC is committed to supporting our employees while ensuring we continue to meet essential national security needs of our country.
With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, SNC will continue to require COVID-19 vaccination status for all employees including new hires. In accordance with applicable requirements, all current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated may be required to adhere to enhanced onsite safety protocols including weekly COVID-19 testing, face coverings, and social distancing.
The status of applicable COVID-19 vaccination requirements are subject to change depending on applicable court orders and the course of ongoing litigation. Candidates may later be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved exemption.
At Sierra Space, our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. Sierra Space is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to Sierra Space come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.
Your application has been successfully submitted.