Trade Compliance and Logistics Supervisor
At Orascoptic, our brand sits at the intersection of consumer eyewear and medical technology. Our expertise is in stunning innovation and precision custom manufacturing of surgical loupes, coaxial headlights, and associated products. Our mission is to enable healthcare providers around the world to see more and practice longer. We deliver clinical vision. Our innovative product portfolio, direct sales teams, optical expertise, and commitment to leading disruption have created a winning company and a trusted brand. As part of Envista’s portfolio of businesses, we combine the agility of a smaller, focused business with the resources of a large enterprise. We are an ambitious, high energy team intent on creating solutions to help medical professionals improve patient lives. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, our teams and partners are located around the world. For more information about Orascoptic, visit www.orascoptic.com
Manage inbound and outbound shipments with respect to compliance, cost and customer specification. Supervise Shipping and Receiving team and support internal customers; manufacturing, procurement, regulatory and engineering, to deliver material compliantly, timely, and without damage.
- Inbound and outbound trade compliance
- Record retention and associated audits
- Broker management and accurate reporting to US Customs and FDA
- Drafting of Customs response to inquiries or requests for binding rulings with the assistance of the Envista Global Trade Compliance team
- Accuracy of Harmonized Tariff Schedule Code and Country of Origin fields in ERP system
- Collaboration with Engineering and/ or procurement on tariff coding
- Work with Engineering, Procurement and Finance to Manage Assists and ensure proper screening of business partners
- Establishing, implementing, and sustaining trade compliance processes
- Trade Compliance education and support
- Responsible for the overall delivery of inbound and outbound material. Includes freight vendor, invoice and claim management.
- Develop and maintain work instructions and standard process.
- Management of freight budget.
- Creation and execution of freight savings projects.
- Coordinating through Envista Platform where appropriate for leveraged rates, process and contracts.
- Monthly metrics reporting internally and to Envista.
- Implementation of Envista trade compliance, transportation or logistics initiatives.
- Work with Envista third party freight payment and audit vendors.
- Work cross functionally with operations to drive cost savings and process improvements.
- Daily coordination of finished goods loading, material information flow, receiving, inventory adjustment entries and shipping documentation
- Release and prioritize daily customer orders and issue expedited requirements.
- Work closely with customer service to prioritize orders and resolve shipping issues.
- Prepare daily reports and update Gemba board. Execution of action plan to meet policy deployment initiatives.
- Back up Shipper Receivers as needed; fully cross-trained in domestic and international duties.
- Special projects or other duties as assigned
- BBA in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or related field; or minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience within trade compliance and logistics
- Ability to travel up to 5 times per year
- Leadership and followership – Establish expectations, motivates and delegates
- Knowledge of Trade Compliance both import and export
- Experience with FDA and other Partner Government agencies
- Knowledge of transportation internationally and domestically across all modes; Ocean, Air, Truck and Small Parcel
- Ability to create and drive cost savings initiatives
- Solid data analysis and / reporting skills
Envista and all Envista Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/ compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Envista and its family of companies (Envista) will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Envista will consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes submitted by vendors such as search firms, staffing agencies, professional recruiters, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies (Agency) to have been referred by the Agency free of charge and Envista will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt such unsolicited resumes. An Agency must obtain advance written approval from Envista's internal Talent Acquisition or Human Resources team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract approved by the Global Talent Acquisition leader and in response to a specific job opening. Envista will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement and written approval in place.
Envista is a global family of more than 30 trusted dental brands, united by a shared purpose: to partner with professionals to improve lives. Envista helps its customers deliver the best possible patient care through industry-leading dental consumables, solutions, technology, and services. Our comprehensive portfolio, including dental implants and treatment options, orthodontics, and digital imaging technologies, covers an estimated 90% of dentists’ clinical needs for diagnosing, treating, and preventing dental conditions as well as improving the aesthetics of the human smile. Envista companies, including KaVo, Kerr, Nobel Biocare and Ormco, partner with dental professionals to help them deliver the best possible patient care.
Envista separated from Danaher as an independent company in 2019. We brought with us the proven Envista Business System (EBS) methodology, an experienced leadership team, and a strong culture grounded in continuous improvement, commitment to innovation, and deep customer focus to meet the end-to-end needs of dental professionals worldwide. Envista is now one of the largest global dental products companies, with significant market positions in some of the most attractive segments of the dental products industry. For more information, please visit www.envistaco.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.