Lead Customs Specialist 1 - Customs Operations
Job Description Summary
As the USCAN Customs Specialist you will be on an operational Customs team and responsible for import/export program support.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.Job Description
- Manage daily operational execution within the Business
- Gather primary KPIs (Volume, Cycle time, FPY, duty spend, effective duty rate, Entered Value etc.)
- Manage operational and tactical agent performance
- Execute Business level SOWs with Business Indirect Sourcing team in accordance with Sourcing Policy and MSA framework with Customs Agents and third-party compliance providers
- Pre-Entry / Live Shipment Support & Escalation Resolution
- Identify Business contacts to gather technical information to support import HS classification process
- Work with third-party compliance providers to gather technical information from Business Contacts and perform HS classification process
- Manage escalations for non-response to HTS questions and data requirements
- Cycle time & pre-entry escalation reduction projects
- Gather customs data into the applicable business tools
- Perform Broker Post Entry Reviews & publish results, file post entry amendments if applicable and execute improvements
- Provide Export Operations support
- Implement audit corrective action plans
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college; or High school diploma/GED with a minimum of 3 years of experience in Customs processes
- Ability to communicate (verbal, written) in English
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- License Customs Broker preferred
- Experience with tariff classification, free trade agreements, country of origin determination, trusted trader programs, bonded facilities, management of Customs brokers and 3rd party compliance providers, special Customs programs valuation, transfer pricing, recordkeeping requirements, auditing, procedure testing, trade management systems
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, global team environment
- Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within the organization
- Proven ability to execute, multi-task, and deliver on commitments
- Experience working in the Healthcare industry
- Global trade management systems experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certified
- Oracle order management experience
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust, lead with transparency, deliver with focus and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration, and support.
While GE Healthcare does not currently require U.S. employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, some GE Healthcare customers have vaccination mandates that may apply to certain GE Healthcare employees.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Your application has been successfully submitted.