Full Job Description
MiTek is a platform innovator and enabler that exists to transform the building industry with better building solutions. In 1955, MiTek transformed residential construction with the invention of the Gang-Nail plate and a digital platform that provided an affordable and scalable way to manufacture wood trusses. Today, MiTek delivers software, services, engineered products, and automated solutions that enable the building industry to improve efficiencies by optimizing the balance between off-site and on-site. With nearly 5,600 team members worldwide, MiTek collaborates across the building industry to enable and accelerate transformational breakthroughs in design and construction to transform the way the industry designs, makes, and builds. As a Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001, MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more at
We are looking for a dynamic subject matter expert to fulfill a Logistics Manager position. This position will report directly to the Plant Manager for the daily operations and indirectly to the Director, Global Logistics to execute and implement standard processes, procedures, and methods to increase productivity while ensuring smooth product flow within the MiTek Supply Chain. The scope of this position encompasses supporting, directing, and managing the day-to-day logistics activities within MiTek Manufacturing and Supply Chain; included but not limited to shipping, receiving, inventory management, and material flow also including TL/Flatbed traffic, LTL carrier transactions, and parcel shipments.Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Manage staffing, development, and motivation of Material Coordinators / Logistics Coordinators to accomplish all scheduled work within the standard work environment.
- Maintain a safe workplace for the staff through, training, education and adherence to safety rules and best practices.
- In partnership with the Supply Chain and Global Trade & Anti-Corruption Team; Provide training and materials implementing best practices, facilitating change, and assuring ownership of business process across logistics.
- Build structure around the stockroom functions, Material Coordinators and Logistics Coordinators.
- Manage all inventory and material flow within stockroom and throughout the plant.
- Focus on Best-in-Class Logistics practices; Cycle Counts driving to 98% accuracy, OTIF, OTD, Receipts within 24hours of Delivery etc.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts into the facility for Logistics functions. i.e., Standard Work, SOP and Facility Safety Efforts
- Develop, track, and report appropriate Logistics KPIs
- Attendance at work during the regularly scheduled shift is an essential duty. This includes but is not limited to the ability to be present at work, ability work overtime as required, arrive on time and be ready for work at the start of a shift. At times, this may require overlap with managing a 2nd shift.
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances.
- Misc. other duties as the needs of the business dictates.
Skills & Abilities:
Education & Experience:
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required
7-10 years of experience in a manufacturing and warehouse environment in related industry preferred.
Comfortable communicating with all levels internally and externally
Demonstrated aptitude for analyzing and interpreting data allowing for proposal/development of practical business solutions
Committed to growth mindset and continuous improvement
Excellent oral, written communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively on KPI’s as well as logistics and compliance issues verbally and in writing, in a clear understandable manner.
Ability to make good decisions based on sound judgement
Ability to work independently with little supervision
Ability to understand, learn, and use new technology and systems
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office and proficient skills in the Office Suite including Teams. Experience with QAD Manufacturing ERP is a preferred
Oral and Written Communication Skills:
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information, as well as professionally answer the office phone and transfer calls.
License and/or Certification(s):
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer; and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or transgender status), age (40 and over), genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
For accommodation to assist with completing this application, please contact Human Resources at +1 314-434-1200.
Your application has been successfully submitted.