SATCOM Senior International Trade Specialist
What you will be doing
Senior SATCOM International Partnership Trade Specialist supports international engagements for the Narrowband Satellite Communications (NBSC) program. International engagements may include Direct Commercial Sales (DCS), Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Cooperative Development of the Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) space and ground system. MUOS is a United States Space Force (USSF) narrowband military communications satellite system that supports a worldwide, multi-service population of users in the ultra-high frequency (UHF) band. In this position, you will provide Advisory and Assistance Service (A&AS) to Space Systems Command (SSC) for procurement of additional satellites, ground systems and follow-on capability to the MUOS program.
- Works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties identified above independently
- May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
- Support international engagements for the NBSC programs
- Conduct systems / system of systems architecture design, testing, implementation, integration, review, and certification activities
- Conduct data analyses, interpret, and summarize results
- Conduct technical requirements definition / allocation
- Develop technical documentation, to include test plans and reports
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy—oral and written
- Ten (10) or more years DoD/IC, or relevant industry work experience on SATCOM
- Knowledge of engineering and logistics impacts potential international partners
- Ability to provide engineering and logistics support of DCS, FMS and/or Cooperative Development current and future cases
- Experience creating, editing, and reviewing technical materials for Department of Defense (DoD), Navy acquisition program, or related agencies
- Knowledge of government regulations including the Arms Export Control Act (ACEA), the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Act (EAA), and Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Prepare briefs and documentation supporting international engagements for NBSC program
- Experience with Statements of Work (SOW) and Performance Work Statements (PWS)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- BA/BS Degree
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Ability to travel as needed (travel up to 25% of time within the continental United States)
- Relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience in SATCOM/MUOS
- Advisory and Assistance Service (A&AS) to Government program office
- Experience developing and editing Extensible Markup Language (XML) technical documents and/or Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) compliant training documentation
- Experience applying regulations and policies affecting publishing of Navy publications; practices, and standards (i.e., Naval Education and Training (NAVEDTRA) Series, MILSTD-29612 Series, and Advanced Distributive Learning (ADL) initiatives)
- Understanding of space operational environment and corresponding mission user needs
- Experience with ACAT I/II level acquisition programs
- Experience in Space Systems Command (SSC) acquisition
- Fluency with Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) organizations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
About Tyto Athene
Tyto is an IT services and solutions company that provides mission-focused digital transformation to enhance the client experience and enable them to achieve desired outcomes. Tyto's services and solutions embody its domain expertise in four major Technology domains: Network Modernization, Hybrid Cloud, Cyber Security, and Enterprise IT. Tyto offers a broad range of service delivery models including design/install projects, Managed Services, and 'As-a-Service'. With over fifty years of experience, Tyto supports Defense, Intelligence, Space, National Security, Civilian, Health and Public Safety clients across the United States and around the globe.
After several strategic acquisitions in 2021, Tyto Athene has experienced enormous opportunity and growth. Aside from being the leading provider of mission-focused IT and Cyber services and solutions to critical U.S. government agencies, Tyto is well-positioned to meet the growing demand for network modernization requirements across the federal enterprise.
Our employees are the key to the innovation that has made Tyto a success. We provide an environment that is geared to reward potential, innovation, and teamwork. If you would like to unleash your creativity and your career - it's time to join Team Tyto!
Your application has been successfully submitted.