Senior Counsel, Trade Compliance (B5)
Full Job Description
This is a great opportunity for an experienced trade compliance attorney to join a multidisciplinary Global Litigation & Compliance team and help implement and sustain Applied Materials’ compliance programs. Based in Santa Clara, CA, Austin, TX or Chandler, AZ, this will be a key role in a dedicated in-house legal team supporting the company’s global trade function.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Continually analyzing the evolving trade laws and regulations applicable to the company, and their impact on strategy and operations
- Conducting and advising on trade compliance risk assessments, audits and due diligence reviews
- Designing and advising on effective trade compliance policies, operating procedures and technology control plans
- Developing and delivering trade compliance training for a variety of audiences
- Conducting certain trade compliance-related internal investigations
- Overseeing M&A and joint venture risk assessments, due diligence and integration plans
- Undertaking special projects and supporting other compliance program initiatives
Major Areas of Responsibility
With a focus on export controls, sanctions programs, and customs and import regulations, you will advise on cross-border transactions and a wide range of international trade compliance matters. You will coordinate with external legal counsel, as appropriate, and provide legal advice to the company’s global trade function as well as business units and departments. You will have frequent contact with internal stakeholders throughout the company’s global operations.
- Juris Doctorate degree and a minimum of 4-6 years of experience in advising multinational businesses on trade compliance matters, including US export controls and sanctions programs
- Ability to work both independently and within a team, and ability to gain the trust of business stakeholders to achieve a desired objective
- Problem Solving: Proactively identifies and solves complex problems, thinking beyond existing solutions and frameworks
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to clearly articulate and visually present complex legal advice for senior executives; excellent written work product (compliance policies, procedures, training)
- Passion for the work!
- In-house experience in the technology industry strongly preferred
- Subject matter expertise with non-US export and import regulatory regimes
- Experience in government relations and trade strategy deployment
- Language skills (Mandarin, Korean, or Japanese) are highly desirable
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 YearsWork Experience:
Yes, 20% of the TimeRelocation Eligible:
YesApplied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.