Assistant Director Of Sales - Remote
Full Job Description
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, the Account Director is responsible for managing a base of key international accounts with business opportunity on a global basis. This position requires ability to travel extensively to conduct presentations to the key accounts, to conduct presentations with the GSO Team and as needed for industry trade shows or related events. A motivated sales-professional with a successful track record in both seller and account management with demonstrated ability to build mutually beneficial complex customer relationships.Job Description
Principle duties and responsibilities (Essential Functions) include:
- Manage assigned accounts and preferred partnerships in the group segment via targeted customer facing meetings and opportunities, participation in global trade shows and industry related events.
- Specializing in the key vertical markets based on geographic location.
- Be able to conduct high level customer business reviews for top key accounts.
- Lead annual customer business reviews quarterly.
- Ability to work with Revenue Management to provide guidance on RFP’s.
- Responsible for identifying, researching and developing key account plans.
- Creating strategies and measuring growth realized relative to account level results.
- Present Sonesta value proposition to all level of decision makers, be comfortable with presenting at a minimum at leadership level but at the C-Level where opportunity arises.
- Develop brand level presentations, submit proposals and development of contracts.
- Understand hotel positioning and strategies as relate to key accounts
- Ensuring client and hotel satisfaction by facilitating positive, long-term relationships with both customers and Sonesta.
- Ability to utilize research tools including but not limited to Knowland, Cvent.
- Ability to carry an annual revenue goal and to achieve YOY key account revenue growth (room nights, ADR and revenue)
- Proficient in Delphi and Meeting Broker
Additional Job Description
Qualifications and Skills:
A candidate for this position must possess the following applicable knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate and provide applicable examples to support their competencies therein.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience)
- 8-10 years of global sales experience in a National Sales/Global Sales role with responsibility for key vertical and corporate accounts.
- A successful track record of sales success and team management.
- Multi-brand hotel experience a plus.
- Attain established monthly/quarterly sales/revenue/activity goals.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to travel 55% of the time. (Industry Related Events and Tradeshows, Key Site Inspections, Entertainment Opportunities)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to deliver presentations in a concise, well-organized manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-related processes and systems (i.e. IT systems specific to sales, Delphi).
- Valid driver license, passport, serviceable automobile, proof of insurance and approved to work in USA.
- Position is remote/home based, requiring a dedicated home office. Experience working remote preferred.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
Your application has been successfully submitted.