Trade Operations Specialist - Hybrid Remote
Full Job Description
We’re looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success – and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
- Assist in monitoring and analyzing impacts of changes in import/export laws and regulations and align business processes with these changes to minimize risk and provide trade related insight.
- Understand and utilize the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS) / Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCN), determine proper Country of Origin to ensure correct classification and verification for preferred trade programs/certifications and prepare ACE reporting or AES filings as requested.
- Align with business resources and functional team members as well as internal and external customers to support business-level controls and initiatives, coordinate training needs and contribute to the development of the Global Trade Compliance Program within nVent.
- Participate in New Product development meetings and provide Trade Compliance insight, where need be.
- Assist with the development of KPIs, monitor metrics and perform periodic performance reviews and audits on active trade functions and Customs Brokers.
- Understand Import/Export embargoed countries and US sanctions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the company's policies, business procedures and related SOPs to promote compliance with applicable laws and obligations related to government regulations, nVent corporate directives and provide the highest achievable level of product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in trainings and attend trade compliance associations to stay updated on import/export regulations and best practices relevant to trade compliance laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, International Trade or related field/equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 3+ years of Trade Compliance background
- Previous experience in utilizing ERPs systems such as SAP/Oracle-GTM/InforM3/etc.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with HTS and ECCN classification.
- Working knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and U.S. Customs Regulations.
- Working knowledge of ACE reports and third-party reporting portals.
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- We are a $2.5 billion, high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 9,500+ people and trusted brands such as CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known for innovation, quality and reliability, our products connect and protect, consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.
Your application has been successfully submitted.