New Business Client Transition Consultant - Hybrid Remote
We are currently looking for a consultant to join our Transitions New Business Team. This team is responsible for the custody onboarding and offboarding of large Corporate & Institutional clients transitioning into or out of Northern Trust.
The successful candidate handles coordination and movement of assets and cash through both domestic and global markets through settlement and reconciliation. This individual is also responsible for smaller business client transition activities.
- This is a hybrid position that requires at least 2 days on-site in downtown Chicago
- Lead communication with external parties for coordination of security and cash market movement; external contacts include prior and successor custodian banks, sub custodian banks, investment manager, client and client consultants
- Point person and resource for internal custody transition; internal contacts include Project Leads, Event Mangers, New Business Consultant, Client Service, Valuation Reporting, Corporate Actions, Income, Settlements, IMLG
- Understanding of accounting reporting and downstream feed from custody banking systems
- Reconciliation of complete security valuations, share, cost, market value, accrual
- Provide clear explanation of differences and items that remain outstanding with the prior custodian
- Provide guidance to processing team on complex markets, settlement issues, and reporting
- A College or University degree and/or some relevant work experience is preferred.
- Three or more years of related business experience.
- In-depth knowledge of custody operations, finance and securities in multiple markets.
- In-depth knowledge of custody market movement and global trade settlement
- Highly proficient in Excel (i.e VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, etc) required.
- Transitions or custody banking knowledge/experience is preferred.
- Leadership and organizational skills to prioritize assignments.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Requires excellent analytical, consultative, communication, judgement and interpersonal skills.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
Your application has been successfully submitted.