Mgr Traffic and Shipping
Full Job Description
Manufacturing & Supply ChainJob Description:
This position is accountable for providing leadership to a team of salaried (8) and hourly (15) employees engaged in the packaging, coordination, loading, and logistics management for both internal and external shipments. Product shipments include: New Production Turbomachinery projects for both Oil & Gas and Power Generation; Aftermarket Control Console Systems; Turbine Engines and Parts to internal Solar facilities; and component returns to external suppliers. To ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and on-time delivery to customer need, the incumbent is accountable for effectively managing their team in all aspects of the shipment including managing relationships and coordination with carriers, steamship lines, freight forwarders, and logistic brokers as well as government entities engaged in transportation and logistics.
The incumbent must effectively interact with peers across multiple business disciplines (i.e. Business Development, Business Management, Operations, Finance, Global Trade Compliance, Supply Chain, etc.) and business units (TMP, O&G, PG, Customer Services, Legal, etc.) to develop logistics solutions to fulfill customer shipment obligations.
This position must provide high quality service and consultation regarding worldwide transportation, export packing, and contract requirements in a dynamic, schedule sensitive environment to provide business solutions for Business Development / Applications Engineering, Business Management / Project Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction Services, and Customer Services.
In addition to building effective internal relationships across the enterprise, the incumbent must nurture external relationships including Trade Associations, U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Customs, Customs house brokers, freight forwarders, LTL carriers, heavy haul carriers, air and ocean carriers to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and provide a quality transportation service at reasonable cost.
This service oriented position requires a broad business background, coupled with excellent communication, planning, and organization skills that are essential to the role. Familiarity with Solar product, manufacturing processes, logistics management / INCO terms, finance, project management, and continuous improvement will enable a strong foundation for the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Engineering, Business Administration, Finance / Accounting, Supply Chain, and / or Logistics or 7-10 years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree,
- Experience with continuous improvement processes such as 6 Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, or Agile,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 tools,
- Ability to positively influence and motivate a team through a strong commitment to Our Values in Action, and a
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills,
- Project Leadership experience as a 6 Sigma or Lean Manufacturing Black-belt,
- Ability to collaborate, develop, and deploy creative / original solutions to complex problems,
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction,
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience,
- Previous customer facing experience, and advanced interpersonal, negotiation, communication, and leadership skills.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network
Your application has been successfully submitted.