Sr. Director of Compliance - Remote
Full Job Description
Job Description Summary
Job Description Summary
The International Trade Compliance (ITC) team is responsible for the compliant execution of global export control and sanctions laws and regulations. The successful candidate will work closely within the ITC team and GEA programs/ functions to compliantly apply trade laws and regulations to support and drive international business.Job Description
Reporting directly to the ITC Leader, the Sr. Director of Compliance will be part of the ITC Leadership Team responsible for setting the strategic vision for the legal and compliance organization. The position will be responsible for managing a team of personnel across global sites, as well as be responsible for growing this team in coordination with the ITC Leader and ITC Leadership. This team supports all aspects of the ITC organization, as well as all business segments and functions within GE Aerospace. This position will additionally be responsible for establishing key performance metrics and effective collaboration ITC Leadership to drive compliant execution across the business. In this newly created role, you will have an opportunity to build and shape GEA’s trade compliance program. Come join us as we create a new era of flight!
- Develop a high-performing team of personnel and set the strategic vision for legal and compliance;
- Establish and support a strong culture of compliance across the enterprise;
- Set and execute toward key performance and key risk metrics;
- Draft policies and procedures and support development and deployment of policies, procedures, tools, and other infrastructure within ITC and within the business;
- Conduct audits and assessments of global sites, functions, and programs;
- Lead and conduct investigations into potential non-compliance and resulting disclosures to government agencies in the U.S. and abroad;
- Conduct due diligence and oversee integration for strategic dispositions, mergers and acquisition transactions;
- Manage a High Risk Transaction Screening Program (denied parties, sanctions, embargos, economic, end-use, end-user, etc.) in full compliance with applicable U.S. and non-U.S. regulations;
- Monitor proposed laws and regulations and provide advice to business stakeholders regarding implications and requirements on GEA’s business strategy;
- Collaborate with ITC Leadership and cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement;
- Engage Business Leadership to drive business execution;
- Participate in relevant trade compliance associations and industry group discussions;
- Lead engagement and communication with government officials, as required;
- Identify, analyze and implement robust compliance systems and IT tools to enhance trade compliance; and
- Undertake special projects and support other compliance program continuous improvement initiatives.
- JD from an accredited law school, and must be a member in good standing of the bar of at least one U.S. state;
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience, with at least 6 years of experience in International Trade Compliance; and
- Experience leading and serving a team.
- In-house experience;
- Previous experience in building a team;
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt and grow in an expanding organization;
- Commitment to compliance and integrity;
- Ability to collaborate among all levels of the ITC organization and business;
- Self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal customers and external stakeholders;
- Strong time management, prioritization, analytical, and organizational skills, with ability to meet deadlines and achieve desired results;
- Excellent customer relationship, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptable and capable of managing multiple initiatives, both collaboratively and independently;
- Experience in the application of non-U.S. export control and sanctions regulations;
- Knowledge of DECCS, SNAP-R, and/or OCR EASE; and
- Understanding the process surrounding assessing jurisdiction and classification of items.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position
Your application has been successfully submitted.