Remote Senior Export Trade Analyst
Full Job Description
Eaton Mission Systems, formally Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Remote Sr. Export Trade Analyst at our growing Orchard Park, New York facility with a hybrid work schedule. Sponsorship is not available!
The Remote Sr. Export Trade Analyst will provide expertise on U.S. export authorizations associated with meeting business objectives. This position will process export authorizations and activities, maintain various trade reporting systems, administer export authorizations, and ensure proper recordkeeping and report requirements are met as mandated by respective US government agencies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Develop and deploy throughout Eaton U.S. all applicable export authorization compliance processes and procedures and licensing standards in conjunction with other various functions within Eaton and external resources
- Prepare, obtain, manage and monitor all applicable export licenses, agreements and authorizations in compliance with U.S. Government regulations and Company policies
- Ensure timely submittal of export authorizations to support strategic business initiatives
- Review and approve use of all proposed license exceptions/exemptions
- Maintain records of current and expired export authorization files and issues/reports for pending and approved authorizations in accordance with U.S. regulations and Company policy
- Monitor export shipments to ensure proper export authorizations are in place and no gaps in coverage occur due to expired export authorizations or changes in U.S. export regulatory requirements
- Develop and deploy training related to export authorization requirements to businesses to ensure understanding of all requirements, provisos and restrictions
- Support management and GTM in investigating and resolving trade compliance matters including possible authorizations-related violations of international trade compliance regulations, policies or procedures; coordinate with GTM managers and Legal department on communications with government agencies for requests for information, including assisting with export audits and/or filing voluntary disclosures
- Serve as Company interface on interpretation of authorizations-related regulatory requirements and/or Company export policies/procedures
- Perform duties as an Empowered Official (“EO”) as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”)
- Work with Eaton international sites to train and ensure compliance with various government regulations including but not liminted to the ITAR, Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”), Customer and Border Protection (“CBP”), Foreign Trade Regulations (“FTR”)
- Support GTM self-assessments, internal/external audits, review of foreign national employment and site visitor requests, developing and managing Technology Control Plan, maintaining export recordkeeping, managing license and authorization processes and monitoring export documentation and declarations
- Engage with senior leaders on GTM licensing strategies and initiatives and provide regular reports on the status of current initiatives and outstanding GTM licensing matters
- Coordinate and develop global trade policies with input from key policy stakeholders across Tax, Legal, Finance, Supply Chain and operational disciplines as they relate to international activities
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 2 years direct experience in U.S. export licensing activity with Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (“DDTC”) and Bureau of Industry and Security (“BIS”)
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee or Refugee.
- No relocation will be offered for this position. Only candidates who reside within a 50 mile radius of the Orchard Park, NY facility will be considered for this position.
- 2 years experience in drafting, submitting, and managing ITAR and EAR export authorizations and providing guidance in ITAR/EAR regulations associated with controlled commodities, technologies and services
- 2 years’ experience as an Empowered Official
- Familiar with U.S. government systems such as ACE, DECCS a plus
- Experience in drafting formal correspondence with government agencies
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written word to all levels within the company for management, including VP-GM and President level, functional staffs, line level employees and government officials
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and influencing capabilities
- Ability to think critically and strong problem-solving skills
What you’ll get from us:
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
At Eaton, we strive to provide compensation and benefits that attract, engage, and retain the best talent. This includes competitive pay and a variety of benefit programs for eligible employees.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $77,200 - $106,150 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call 412-893-3600 or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER MSD Mission System Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes – Remote
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Your application has been successfully submitted.