Trade Compliance Specialist
Full Job Description
DIVISION: Rigaku Americas Holdings (The Woodlands, TX)
POSITION: Compliance Specialist
REPORTS TO: Senior VP/CFO
The Compliance Specialist position will provide oversight and support of our import/export trade compliance program from the corporate holdings company level to all subsidiary offices. In addition, this position will be responsible for leading and managing all required registrations. There is currently an export trade compliance program in place. This position will lead the development of our import trade compliance program.
- Responsible for the review of import/export trade updates and notices and updating the branch offices.
- Annual SAM Registrations for each office under the holdings company.
- The ability to explain trade compliance regulations and provide training during onboarding of new employees and annual trade compliance training for all employees involved in international trade activity.
- Develop and maintain an Import Compliance Policy manual.
- Provide annual updates to the Export Compliance Policy manual.
- Lead periodic audits of import and export transactions for entities under the Holdings company.
- Work with Japanese based Parent Company, as needed, on trade compliance regulations and policies.
- Proficiency in working with Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Define ECCN classifications according to CCL with support from technical staff.
- Working with BIS SNAP-R for licensing and CCATS (commodity classification).
- Knowledge of Schedule B/HTS codes.
- Understanding international trade regulations.
- Ability to work with customs and provide support to divisional offices.
- Familiarity with background screening.
Education and Experience:
- A College degree is preferred, but not needed if you possess at least 7 years of relevant experience.
- Certifications a plus, but not required.
- The Company will require continuing education and will pay for such expenses.
- Proficiency in developing procedures and policies for import/export activities.
- Self-motivated, organized and ability to plan and complete multiple deadlines.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.
Your application has been successfully submitted.