Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
The Productization group at Twelve seeks to develop innovative new manufacturing processes and automation tools to establish Twelve as a world leader in carbon transformation. It is composed of several different teams focused on different aspects of engineering, manufacturing, new product introduction, quality, and customer deployments of our CO2 conversion systems.
We're searching for a Logistics Manager for our world-class R&D and pilot-production facility at Twelve. You will lead a dedicated team charged with ensuring the company's warehousing, shipping, and receiving operations can rapidly scale to support the company's growth as we seek to commercialize our groundbreaking carbon transformation technology.
In this role, you will lead a team of material handlers and shipping specialists to establish a world-class logistics operation spanning multiple locations. You will own and set up our logistics coordination systems and processes to support our long-term growth. You will be responsible for implementing new systems, from simple, low-tech solutions like Kanban cards to a full-blown management system. As Twelve's Logistics Manager, you will coordinate shipments of materials to and from Twelve, including shepherding shipments through customs and managing material transfers between locations. Collaborate with our Production, Supply Chain, Procurement and Facilities teams to build a logistics operating system that delivers for the entire company.
What you will do
- Perform assessments of suppliers to ensure compliance with company and regulatory requirements
- Manage all global import-export processes to ensure compliance with BIS, DOS, and CBP
- Collaborate with in-house attorneys and outside counsel to ensure compliance with all laws
- Collaborate with Management and ensure compliance with all trade regulations and changes for all import/export processes
- Administer all import and export of goods and supervise the delivery of all goods to various locations efficiently
- Design cost-effective methods and analyze the best means of transport for all products, including re- useable/returnable dunnage for high volume, high value components
- Maintain subject matter expertise in all import and export operations
- Perform all internal and external audits for all processes and supervise efficient working of all external agents such as freight forwarders
- Design all compliance forms and templates, prepare required reports, and maintain an efficient import and export classification databases
- Participates in meetings and assists with audits or questions about transactions coming from the U.S. Customs
- Manages and reviews freight operational policies, standards, and procedures in accordance with freight business and customers' needs, including implementation of freight solutions
- Drive business processes improvement solutions in accordance with government laws and regulations
- Maintain relationships with vendors, carriers, freight forwarders, and port authorities to provide competitive shipping solutions
- Manage carrier ranking or customer priority system to ensure the strategic business is protected during periods of capacity shortage
- Manage performance of logistics partners to ensure compliance and alignment with customer requirements and contractual obligations
- Resolve escalated incidents and crises arising from day-to-day operations.
- Understand International HS codes
- Rolodex of Trucking and Shipping companies across USA
Who you are
- Degree in Finance, Marketing, (International) Business, or any other related field
- With a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a similar position
- Familiarity with the U.S. updated import and export laws and regulations, including transportation of dangerous/hazardous goods regulations
- Well-developed communication skills and a customer orientation
- Knowledge about budget management, international trade, and taxations.
- Experience shipping materials back and forth across NA, China, Japan, and Europe
- Ability to easily comprehend and organize shipment processes
- Attention to detail, procedural and process mindset
- Strong prioritization, time management, and organization skills
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.