Specialist, Trade Compliance
Job Title: Specialist, Trade Compliance
Job Number: IMS20221611-93594
Job Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan or Phoenix, AZ or St Petersburg, FL
L3Harris is currently seeking a Specialist, Trade Compliance to join the engineering team in our Commercial Aviation Solutions business. This role will be responsible for conducting jurisdiction and classification duties across the business. Specifically, this role will:
- Coordinate and conduct ITAR and EAR export jurisdiction and classification reviews of hardware, software and technical data
- Provide export classifications to support licensing and agreement applications
- Perform review and provides approval of technical data transfers to international third parties
- Implement trade compliance policies in accordance with U.S. Export Regulations.
- Participate in the planning and execution of Trade Compliance audits
- Develop and deploy training
- Complete annual SME training
- Identify and recommend process improvements
- Determine and document export and customs classifications by working with engineering subject matter experts to properly classify products and technical data.
- Ensure compliance with ITAR, EAR, and Customs regulations including providing compliance guidance to both internal and external customers.
- Efficiently and effectively manages workload to include competing priorities and deadlines, ensuring on-time completion of activities.
- Uses thorough understanding and knowledge of the ITAR and EAR regulations in everyday job duties
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior related experience, or, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
- High level of initiative and task-oriented work ethic.
- Desire to learn about products, customers, and applications
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent technical experience strongly preferred
- Full working knowledge or ITAR, EAR, and Customs regulations with specific experience in ITAR/EAR jurisdiction and classification analysis.
- Verbal and communication skills needed to interact with all internal and external customers.
- Experience with OCR EASE
- Experience with PDM systems
- Experience with commercial aircraft avionics; displays, flight recorders, traffic systems, radios, etc.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.