Full Job Description
Estes Forwarding Worldwide (EFW) is a leading domestic and international freight forwarder in the United States, providing customized logistics and warehousing solutions for clients around the world and across all industries via air, ground, and ocean freight. A subsidiary of Estes Express lines with corporate located in Richmond, Virginia, EFW is uniquely backed by Estes Express Lines’ extensive line haul network providing EFW clients with a hybrid transportation network. The company has received industry awards, including Specialty Carrier of the Year and E-Commerce Delivery Carrier of the Year, and has been recognized by Global Trade Americas as a leading 3PL to watch.
We are proud to offer highly competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Job referral bonus program
The Specialist, Operations will be responsible for responsible for maintaining expected service level of all EFW shipments, updating shipments with the most accurate and timely status, and ensuring quality of service provided to EFW customers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Track, trace and monitor Estes Forwarding shipments and update the status with complete notes.
- Perform clerical processes related to the Estes Forwarding business. Process routine customer information in support of transportation, billing and/or collection efforts.
- Monitor the Web, fax, and voice mail for service provider updates.
- Maintain data for specific customers, markets, products and/or processes as required.
- Assist and support coordinators, supervisors and managers with various business needs.
- Communicate to Estes Forwarding Coordinator or Supervisor any issues or problems that may put a shipment in jeopardy of failure.
- Confirm charges from service providers as needed.
- Maintain familiarity with conditions that need special and accessorial charges and ensure that all costs and charges are complete and accurate.
- Perform miscellaneous job functions to assist with operations, sales efforts, contracts and billing.
- Compliance with company C-TPAT security procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent required. 1-3 years of experience in the Transportation or Freight Forwarding industry preferred A combination of education and experience will be taken into consideration.
Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours and various shifts.
Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, internet, web-based and job specific software applications required.
Candidates should have the ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities.
Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals; develops individual relationships by listening, sharing ideas and appreciating others' efforts required.
Applicants must possess the ability to maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
The successful applicant will read, analyze and interpret highly complex regulations and procedures, and respond to common inquiries or complaints.
Applicants must possess the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of customers and employees.
At this time, EFW will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
EFW prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and a background check.
EFW offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
EFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Your application has been successfully submitted.