Assistant Manager, Brokerage
Full Job Description
Assistant Manager, Service Delivery
Join Livingston, the largest customs broker in Canada and the third largest entry filer in the U.S. We’re a market leader offering customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight forwarding services at more than 90 key locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Customs brokerage is our core business and helping our customers navigate the complex and changing world of international trade is what we do best. Consider joining our team for the opportunity to grow your career. From entry level to expert advisors, our supportive culture of learning will help you get the career you want.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: NY Valley Stream - US042
The Assistant Manager acts as the primary support to the Manager and the team. Ensuring we provide superior customer service, all entries are released, classified and billed accurately, on time, and within Livingston’s service standards. The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of Brokerage experience, worked in air/sea operations, excellant customer service skills, with a strong desire to mentor and coach others and set them up for success!
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possess knowledge, skills and abilities to support all functions of the team members on service delivery team. Assign workflow for the team, ensure we are meeting client needs and KPI's.
- Resolve rejects on summaries.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients and carriers.
- Research and respond to client requests for information in a professional manner.
- Ensure that all standard operating procedures (SOPs) and business rules are adhered to, are accessible by the team and kept current.
- Support business development efforts including but not limited to attending conference calls, and assisting with the implementation of new processes.
- Stay apprised of changing regulatory requirements sufficiently to provide guidance/ support to service team and clients as needed to ensure compliance.
- Assist MSD with issue escalation, meeting team goals and established time limits through problem solving, managing reports, assigning tasks, coaching and monitoring the work of others.
- In a support role to the Manager, may visit client sites periodically to ensure client’s needs are being met.
- Assist Manager with scheduling, directing/managing workflow, and time and attendance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Fully conversant with all applicable Customs laws, regulations, procedures and industry practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Excel and Word
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to handle large volume of work.
- Strong team player.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $62,000 to $95,000 + bonus + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
5 years of related experience
Required: High School/GED or equivalent
Preferred: Associates Degree or post-secondary education
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Leading and Developing
Inclusion and Collaboration
Customer First Focus
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
For Canada: Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.