Trade Compliance & Shipping Coordinator
Full Job Description
Topcon Positioning Group is headquartered in Livermore, California, USA (topconpositioning.com). Topcon Positioning Group designs, manufactures and distributes precise positioning products and solutions for the global surveying, construction, agriculture, civil engineering, BIM, mapping and GIS, asset management and mobile control markets.
To learn more about Topcon career opportunities go to
Why is this a great opportunity?
- Growth, we are looking for someone with shipping experience. We are eager to train the right person on the rest. This role will give you two opportunities to grow!
- Monday-Friday day shift (start time is flexible, it can be between 530-8 am). No evenings or weekends!
- Climate-controlled clean electronics manufacturing facility.
- Excellent company benefits starting the first day of hire.
Job Purpose: Coordinate duties related to domestic and international shipping activities by picking and packing products, preparing shipment documentation, and processing deliveries in SAP in support of customer orders.
Core Job Duties
- Process shipments in UPS, FedEx, or other relevant shipping software or customer portals.
- Schedule and coordinate high volume of standard & critical shipments for Customer Orders.
- Update shipping information in the transportation management system.
- Interact with Order Management, Shipping Team, Carriers & Forwarding Agents to support shipment activities.
- Compile shipment data to meet reporting requirements.
- Conduct research on shipment issues to support the resolution.
- Accurately and efficiently pick and pack finished goods or service components using customer order delivery documentation.
- Prepare skids, assemble crates, and bulk pack products as required in support of shipping requirements.
- Operate a forklift or other material-handling equipment.
- Assist in administrative activities related to transportation shipping and logistics.
- Facilitate continuous improvement efforts.
- Support assignments for special projects and tasks as needed.
- Prepare export shipment documentation (Commercial Invoice, SLI & other applicable).
- Screen Export Sched B, ECCN classifications, and Country of Origin data in SAP for products as needed.
- File AES/ACE (ITN) with Census Bureau to meet export requirements.
Education and Experience:
- H.S. graduate or equivalent required.
- Shipping experience in a manufacturing setting or freight forwarder preferred.
- Two or more years of administrative experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- SAP experience preferred
- Ability to use material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet trucks, etc.
- Strong customer service/communication skills (verbal and written)
- Team player able to work effectively with internal teams, & external vendors.
- Willingness to learn new processes and adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- This position requires being able to lift at least 70 pounds and may require sitting/standing for extended periods
Your application has been successfully submitted.