Global Employment Tax Specialist - Hybrid Remote
Full Job Description
Hoe jij het verschil kunt maken
How you can make your mark
Make your mark as a Global Employment Tax Specialist at Boskalis! Working as a Global Employment Tax Specialist means working in an international, dynamic, and innovative environment. As a Global Employment Tax Specialist, you support our international transferees (expatriates) in the area of immigration, social securities, tax, insurances and compensation and benefits. You will be work closely together with our HR managers, Finance managers and Tax managers to make sure employees from anywhere in the world are able to work in the US in effective and compliant way.
Our business units are working as main contractors, for large Tier 1 windfarm developers, with contracts from EUR 30 mln to over EUR 200 mln. You are responsible for timely and correct accounting of these administrations and heavily involved in month-end closing process. Besides administration this includes financial risks (currencies, insurance, international taxes, etc.) and you are familiar with revenue recognition on lumpsum contracting projects.
- Based in Providence Rhode Island
- Reporting to the Finance Manager and the Regional controller of the US organization.
- Regularly traveling to Houston and on an ad-hoc basis to The Netherlands.
Role and Responsibilities
- Translating the Boskalis US PIT-policy into practical procedures and apply these in practice in a cost effective and risk-conscious way.
- Undertake tax and social security planning in relation to US projects.
- Playing a central role in setting up and managing US labour compliance whereby the role will encompass liaising various stakeholders within Boskalis (e.g. HR, tax, finance, legal, payrolling, immigration, crewing)
- Preparation and issue of agreements and documentation to and for crew and project personnel.
- Supporting crewing, project team and HR teams with tax related queries.
- Managing the data needed and collect and review documentation to support tax return filings.
- Respond to correspondence from US tax authorities and other taxing authorities.
- Coordinate with other jurisdictions to make sure that obligations for crew are met.
- Contribute to tenders regarding liability to income tax and social security.
- Ensure businesses are compliant with US requirements for crew and project personnel.
- Managing the payroll process including calculating the right taxable basis.
- Managing US social security requirements and avoiding double payments of social security.
- Analysis of applicable double tax treaties.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, business, finance, or computer science. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for college degree.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and case management experience.
- Expert level Excel and data management skills.
- International business experience preferred.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of X days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance, leased or shared car, foreign posting terms.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- Highly competitive benefits package.
- Your team: You will be part of our Providence office which currently houses 8 additional employees but growing rapidly.
- Where you will work: We work on a hybrid schedule and remote work may apply
- Full-time job: The position of function is a full-time (40 hours a week) job.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
Wil je meer weten?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Global Employment Tax Specialist. Please contact Emilie Stratenus, Recruiter via +31 6 11380235
Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.
Your application has been successfully submitted.