Global Transportation Manager
Full Job Description
Global Transportation Manager
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
The Global Transportation Manager is a management position with responsibility for design, contracting implementation and management of all 3PL Warehousing and Transportation infrastructure within the Materials & Structural Analysis division (MSD) of Thermo Fisher (EM and Spectroscopy). The Transportation Manager together with the Transportation Analyst will drive data driven improvements in the network, meeting performance targets for cost, delivery, lead time and quality. In this function you are part of the Global Order Fulfillment team and have a strong working relationship with Production Logistics, Service Supply Chain, Corporate Transportation Group, Trade Compliance and the Sales & Service Operations Center of all MSD sites (EM and Spectroscopy).
As Global Transportation manager you are responsible for:
- The 3PL performances, costs, quality and relationships
- Leading quarterly business reviews with all 3PL
- Defining the Transportation strategy and execution upon this strategy
- Leading projects in line with agreed strategy
- Train, develop and co-manage the Transportation Analyst
- Data driven network definition, optimization and process harmonization across the globe
- Alignment with business partners on requirements for transportation / warehousing (AEO, Supply Chain Security, Customs, Trade Compliance, DG handling, Insurance, Corporate Transportation Group)
- Transportation transparency, reporting and benchmarking
A university or bachelor degree is required, with proven skills.
- Experience: 10+ years experience in project management and transportation/warehouse management positions
- Communication: Excellent knowledge (verbally and written) of the English language.
- Proven track record in transportation management (successful assignments and tangible, measurable results)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience with transportation management, including design and implementation of solutions
- Act and think as a member of the Global Order Fulfillment Team
- Team mate in a matrix organization, balancing operational and functional requirements.
- Customer focus when organizing and managing the execution of deliverables.
- Building and coaching a team of professionals
- Project and program management skills
- Open Communication, understanding of multinational communication structure
- Flexibility, conceptual thinking, creative and hands-on management
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Your application has been successfully submitted.