Product Compliance Engineer
Parker Aerospace is seeking a highly motivated Engineer to provide Product Compliance oversight across the Aerospace Group. Primary responsibilities are to provide knowledge and subject matter expertise for all regulatory product compliance requirements including those related to REACH, RoHS, WEEE, TSCA, Conflict Minerals, and other such product regulations for both the North American and European regions. The ideal candidate must be able to provide regulatory knowledge, supervision, and strong communication skills to interface with the Aerospace Group Divisions as well as regulatory agencies to provide contractual and design recommendations. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and cross functional teams throughout the organization.
- Manages regulatory product compliance business processes, including data process maps and decision frameworks
- Works with Divisions to ensure timely registrations or product notifications are made with the applicable governmental authorities to enable continued movement of product through the supply chain to all global customers
- Coordinates, prepares and standardizes responses to customer inquiries regarding product regulatory compliance, ingredient disclosure, disposal and other product stewardship concerns for key customers. Serves to ensure consistency in handling of customer inquiries across Divisions
- Works with suppliers and other stakeholders to foster product safety management and information exchange along the supply chain, in alignment with regulatory requirements and risk
- Represents and effectively advocates for the Company with regulatory agencies / governmental authorities and with applicable international committees, associations and industry boards.
- Monitors emerging issues, develop risk assessments, and communicate possible impacts to the business posed by changing global regulations and chemical control laws
- Collaborates closely with the various program managers, product managers, design engineers, and program teams to discuss findings and engineering changes to designs to meet regulatory product compliance
- Work closely with contracts and other functions as required to facilitate implementation of global product stewardship strategy, regulatory affairs policies, compliance standards, as well as operating processes and procedures
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Qualifications):
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Engineering or related engineering/scientific discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Product Development, Regulatory Affairs, Product Stewardship, or Trade Compliance
- Experience in working with regulatory agencies or areas of concentration such as REACH, RoHS, WEEE, Proposition 65, TSCA, Conflict Materials, and other Product regulations
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Tool Suite
- Working knowledge of Cost and Scheduling Methodologies and Tools
- High attention to detail, while demonstrating ownership and driving results
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Open to remote location
- Aerospace Product Development
- Master's Degree in Chemistry or Engineering Discipline
Conditions of Employment
The position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements, when applicable.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Your application has been successfully submitted.