Intl Trade Compliance
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:International Trade Compliance professional needed to join the RMS Derco organization. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of U.S. Export control laws and regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Duties include, but are not limited to, Determining the Jurisdiction and Classification of end-items, subsystems, parts, components, equipment, and technical data/technology; Supporting all Import/Export duties with a primary focus on creating Licensing Authorizations; Applying knowledge and understanding of the regulatory definitions of technical data and technology when conducting reviews of technical documents and drawings to determine export control status and document marking requirements; Researching, analyzing, and interpreting engineering designs, and functional capabilities across multiple engineering disciplines including mechanical, electrical, materials, and systems engineering; Acting as liaison between International Trade Licensing, Compliance, Program Management, Research and Development, Engineering, and other functional disciplines to provide engineering analysis, interpretive guidance, and training in support of international business development and sales; Investigating and resolving reports of potential noncompliance; Determining license requirements and developing, tracking, and submitting requests for authorizations; Conducting audits or assessments of compliance with government laws and regulations and company policies relating to international trade; Developing, implementing, and monitoring policies and procedures to comply with export/import laws and regulations; Using IFS (ERP) as a tool to monitor daily queues and facilitate the transfer of Export Controlled Information (ECI); Working multiple projects simultaneously and under tight time constraints
Occasional travel is necessary.
- Knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Knowledge of export/import practices and industry practices.
- Ability to read blueprints
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to communicate complicated issues
- Acute attention to detail
- High energy, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 1 years of professional experience; or a related Master’s degree
- A&P mechanic and/or other aviation knowledge
- Technical aptitude
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Creative thinker
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
- Flexible team player with ability to multi-task and work independently with demonstrated attention to detail
- Experience with using IFS ERP system
- Ability to assess training needs
- Drive to be life-long learner
- Problem solver
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Industry and Technology (I&T) in either mechanical or electrical disciplines, or other engineering discipline is highly desirable
Previous LM experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Your application has been successfully submitted.