Global Transportation Systems Specialist
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
- Contributes technical and business knowledge and expertise to design, develop and implement integrated IT / business solutions.
- Works effectively across organizations to drive appropriate IT / business solutions; ability to view alternatives from an end-to-end enterprise perspective and understand the broader implications of technical and business-related choices.
- Reporting and analytics using various ERP and non-ERP tools.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) tasked with thorough working knowledge and understanding of SAP GTS / ECC.
- Participates in program / projects and assists in the design, development and implementation of ERP solutions.
- Act in an advisory role as liaison between Core Traffic, International Trade Compliance, Procurement, Import / Export Control, Sustainment, Program Management and other organizations (both internal and external).
- Ensure the system capabilities support regulatory reporting requirements.
- Provide guidance / oversight to company personnel on system related shipping, import / export, and transportation issues.
- System troubleshooting, capability testing, and requirement development.
- Candidate must be motivated, determine objectives, assignments, and priorities with minimal oversight.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management and/or Information Technology
- SAP ERP and/or GTS experience
- Strong technical acumen
- Experience with reporting and analytics and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in and able to understand business requirements and the ability to translate them into IT solutions
- Able to execute robust process flows across core functions and programs
- Experience in International Supply Chain Management (SCM) environment and Global Logistics
- Experience working in a self-directed environment where strong teamwork, individual initiative and accountability are highly valued
- Experience in Freight Forwarding environment
- Experience with import / export with regulatory requirements associated with military products
- Demonstrated ability to develop presentations and conduct briefings / training
- Dangerous Goods / Hazardous Materials shipping regulatory knowledge a plus
- General understanding of Federal Trade Regulations, International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), tariff classification, and import / export operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Your application has been successfully submitted.