Senior Manager of Global Distribution
Full Job Description
Senior Manager of Global Distribution in GAC Savannah
Must be a strong leader of people and processes with great written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree Business or related discipline required. Master's Degree preferred. 10 years progressively responsible logistics, materials and/or supply chain mgmt positions and demonstrated leadership ability with at least 6 years in a supervisor/management role.Position Purpose:Manages inventory, associated material workflows & operations of all contracted customer support warehousing locations, contract development, execution, & management. Position may have responsibility of local or regional service center materials operations & associated workflows. Evaluate & maintain knowledge of international trade, embargos, & geopolitical environment to determine risks associated to maintaining warehouse operations & workflows in order to provide parts to international customers, to include but not limited to, establishing / defining importer of record (IOR), & limited VAT or duty exposure through collaboration / alignment with Gulfstream Trade Compliance / Legal Teams & international Logistic Providers / Brokers.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions:
- Manages non gulfstream warehouse location contracts, to include operational review / execution, performance evaluation, & contract renewal / pricing.
- Develop & promote awareness of global part availability opportunities & challenges & respond promptly to changes/developments in size/scope of all current & emerging markets.
- Familiarity with US & foreign govt customs, regs, & taxation reqmts & restrictions on preparation, packaging, & shipment of parts (ex. DOT, FCPA, ITAR, etc.) required.
- Deliver superior spare part availability & fill rates to service centers & individual operators around the world, proactively address concerns, disputes, & obstacles.
- Deliver optimal profitability & return on invested capital through efficient & effective planning, control, & continuous improvement initiatives across multiple sites & internal/external entities.
- Develop comprehensive logistics & warehousing strategies, set/manage priorities, & secure/deploy resources that align with Gulfstream Product Support business objectives.
- Coordinate with Gulfstream service center locations & other network partners to promote best practices & select/secure inventory appropriate to local/regional dem&.
- Establish & implement market entry strategies for new regions & locations, including selection of sites & local employees & partners to provide key products & services.
- Manages & implements integrated processes & procedures between cross-site/cross-functional areas to facilitate timely & consistent flow of materials/parts though the system.
- Develop processes, procedures, & provides contractual inputs to establish new contracted warehouse locations.
- Manages personnel & provides guidance & training to ensure skill sets, knowledge & educational capabilities meet position requirements. .
- Reviews industry technology trends; aggressively develop strategies, plans & schedules for process improvements & implementation of best practices to achieve cycle time & cost reductions. .
- Formulates & implements plans to develop, train, promote & recognize personnel skills & achievement. .
- Manages dept budget; provides organizational resources & performance targets; ensures compliance to standards. .
- Identifies, promotes, & manages Lean initiatives in support of manufacturing & operational objectives. .
- Manages dept safety programs in compliance with safety regulations; conducts periodic safety audits. .
- Represents dept in ad hoc communication or process improvement meetings. .
Perform other duties as assigned.A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
Requisition Number: 208121
Category: Service Center
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 12/30/2022
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information | Site Utilities | Contacts | Sitemap
Copyright © 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
Your application has been successfully submitted.