Principal Specialist, Global Trade (Remote)
Full Job Description
At Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S), you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Are you a Global Trade professional with a passion for process improvement and a drive to deliver efficiency? We look forward to speaking with you about becoming a member of our Global Trade Transformation team.
We are seeking a passionate Principal Specialist, Global Trade who will be a part of developing, implementing, and maintaining polices, processes, resources, and automation to support compliant and timely exports and imports across RI&S. This role will also assist with ad hoc projects as assigned and be responsible for a variety of concurrent project deliverables and will be charged with successful initiation, implementation, and completion of projects in line with schedule and quality. This is a remote opportunity with occasional travel within the United States.
What You Will Do:
- Manage, with limited oversight, tasks and deliverables on assigned projects and initiatives
- Conduct research to recommend procedural changes and efficiencies
- Draft processes, instructions, and guidance material with support from Subject Matter Experts
- Identify dependencies and downstream changes needed to resources, automation, and related processes to ensure effective implementation
- Lead small projects to implement efficiencies in GT processes and tools
- Develop and foster relationships with internal functional stakeholders
- Interface with other Raytheon Technologies businesses counterparts to collaborate on joint projects, lessons learned, and leverage synergies as appropriate
- Develop and deliver training to internal stakeholders to facilitate understanding of new processes and/or tools
Skills and Requirements:
- Deep knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and experience applying this knowledge to recommend a solution
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research and provide a recommendation with rationale
- Problem solver, able to work under time sensitive circumstances, collaboratively or independently, and take initiative to address situations before issues arise
- Self-motivated and goal oriented with ability to prioritize and make independent decision
- Attention to detail and follow through on assignments to achieve desired results
- Ability to travel as required
Qualifications We Value:
- Drive to understand how and why – not just how to complete a task
- Willingness to raise a hand for assistance
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple business functions for success
- Experience researching, interpreting and applying government regulations, in particular the ITAR and EAR
- Sincere interest in the field of Global Trade and its strategic impact
- Excellent customer relation/interpersonal skills
- Willing to take on challenges and accept stretch assignments
- Detail oriented with strong sense of urgency
- Experience with SNAP-R, OCR EASE IT systems
Typically requires a University Degree and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience, or an advanced Degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years' experience.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with great compensation, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
Relocation assistance is not available
The salary range for this role is $70,000.00 to $152,000.00; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Your application has been successfully submitted.