Digital Import Specialist
Full Job Description
Digital Import Specialist
Join Livingston, the largest customs broker in Canada and the third largest entry filer in the U.S. We’re a market leader offering customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight forwarding services at more than 90 key locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Customs brokerage is our core business and helping our customers navigate the complex and changing world of international trade is what we do best. Consider joining our team for the opportunity to grow your career. From entry level to expert advisors, our supportive culture of learning will help you get the career you want.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: HomeOffice Tennessee
Reports to Manager, Service Delivery and is the primary support for all client contact, day to day brokerage operations, customs process management, compliance activities, entry audits, and ensuring complete client satisfaction. This position is responsible for ensuring client information is compliant and accurately recorded by creating, modifying, or inputting information into client records; additionally, the position is the primary point of contact for responding to and resolving client inquiries and issues.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurate and timely processing of release, entry summary, and billing for all modes of transportation
- Conduct internal documented audit of files
- Build and maintain excellent working relationship with internal and external clients.
- Prioritize and complete work according to client’s needs, demands, customs requirements, and Livingston’s standards.
- Create and proactively maintain all aspects of the client’s account and data base, including but not limited to:
- Account set-up in customer relationship management system
- Review customer power-of-attorney documents
- Validate other required documents
- Client tariff database
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Exceptions to Standard Procedures (ESPs)
- Ensure high quality data is collected and maintained
- Client contact information
- Surety bond
- Work directly with Custom Border Protection (CBP) and Partner Government Agencies (PGA) as necessary
- Keep abreast of new systems developments
- Respond and resolve general and complex client issues and inquiries
- Ensure complete client satisfaction
- Additional tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, the person must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Superior client service aptitude
- Attention to detail, organization, completeness and accuracy
- Good problem solving, judgement, analytical and decision making skills
- Present a professional image
- Knowledge of Word and Excel software
- Solid foundation of operating system knowledge (Smartborder)
- Proficient knowledge of Harmonized Tariff Schedule and regulations required
- Familiar with industry related websites
- Ability to work independently: highly motivated and resourceful self-starter
- Excellent time management skills
- Office equipment/machinery used: Personal computer and common business machines/software
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
3 years of related experience
Required: Associates Degree or post-secondary education
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Customer First Focus
Inclusion and Collaboration
Leading and Developing
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
For Canada: Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.