NA Import Trade Compliance Specialist
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a NA Import Trade Compliance Specialist to join our team in Indianapolis, IN.
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience creates the world's most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future.
The NA Import Trade Compliance Specialist is responsible for ensuring Corteva's compliance with all import regulations governed by 19 CFR, Customs, and other Partnering Government Agencies. They are also responsible for Corteva's participation in duty savings and mitigation programs including Duty Drawback, Temporary Duty Suspension, Special tariff relief programs and others as they are introduced.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Interpreting international trade regulations, providing subject matter expertise to stakeholders, and partnering with stakeholders to improve processes for trade compliance.
- Serving as Corteva focal point with US government agencies and Customs Brokers to assist with resolving import compliance issues.
- Providing expertise to team members and stakeholders with respect to import compliance.
- Leveraging expertise with Partnering Government Agency (PGA) requirements, such as EPA, FDA, and USDA, as applicable.
- Ensure work processes and procedures for US import compliance are current and aligned to the Global Trade Governance Policies
- Manage US duty drawback program including record keeping, current rulings, and applying for new drawback rulings as applicable. Actively look for new opportunities.
- Work with CTPAT focal point to bring Corteva into the Trade Compliance Program
- Collaborate with Trade Governance, International Trade Compliance and International Trade Operations on compliance improvements and issues as they arise
- Serve as import compliance focal point for new product launches and sourcing changes for the M&ISC team
- Manage the Temporary Duty Suspension process including submitting new petitions and collaborating with internal stakeholders as its approved
- Focal point for Section 301 tariff questions and any other special US duty provisions
- Manage POA for Corteva Customs Brokers and other third-party providers as necessary
- Create and implement a broker audit program
- Execute monthly Periodic Monthly Statement process for crop protection
- Manage US import bonds (updates and renewals)
- Gather and report duty savings and duty spend to Trade Governance on a quarterly basis
- Update Quarterly Trade Governance Self-Assessment for US Crop Protection and work with Trade associates on improvement opportunities identified by the assessment.
- Responsible for record keeping and reporting monthly/quarterly KPI's
Critical Success Factors:
- Ability to apply corporate processes to ensure compliance with regulations
- Strong knowledge/capability in trade compliance
- Strong project management skills
- Self-starter – capable of creating and leading remediation action plans
- Ability to identify and benchmark best practices to develop processes that support continuous improvement
- Ability to recognize issues, problems or opportunities and collaborate with other cross functional departments when needed to assure success
- Ability to manage and mobilize resources by influence
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Familiarity with SAP S4 HANA and GTS is preferred
- Familiarity with Customs ACE portal
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Licensed Customs Broker and/or related industry certifications preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in international trade compliance supporting a global company with an advanced knowledge of trade regulations
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
If you're looking to move to a big city with a small-town feel then Indianapolis, Indiana is the place for you. This dynamic, multifaceted city has a robust sports scene, urban nightlife, and top-tier entertainment. Indianapolis is quickly making its name as one of the best sustainable food and agriculture scenes in the country. Located in the heart of the Midwest, Indianapolis is a welcoming city ripe with culture and a thriving economy.
Indianapolis is Indiana's capital with more than two million residents in the greater metropolitan area. It's the economic and cultural center of Indiana and offers something for everyone. There's plenty to do, see, learn and experience in Indianapolis.
Check out life at Corteva!
Let's peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Growing what matters starts with you - start by applying to this career opportunity today!
Your application has been successfully submitted.