Logistics Associate - Hybrid/Remote
Full Job Description
Manages the placement of delivery transport orders with commercial carriers for hematopoietic stem cell products and domestic umbilical cord units facilitated through the NMDP or Be The Match BioTherapies network to ensure successful and timely delivery. Ensures transportation activities are performed in accordance with NMDP procedures, policies and standards, including those of patient and donor confidentiality. Assists in the tracking, cleaning, packaging, and distribution of various blood product shipping containers. This position can be remote (US) or hybrid. #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid
Check out our video Saving Lives: It’s the Best Job Ever
Coordinates distribution activities related to the transportation of stem cells and cellular therapy products:
- Coordinates the assignment of commercial carriers to deliver cellular therapy products (e.g. stem cells, alternative blood products and cord units).
- Investigates transport delays and errors to identify issues and escalates when necessary for resolution to ensure timely delivery of products.
- Collaborates and maintains professional relationships with logistics services suppliers.
- Communicates NMDP and Be The Match Biotherapies transportation expectations and requirements.
- Reviews and approves assigned transportation itineraries to assure adherence to applicable standards.
- Uses various software tools to track data and maintain records.
- Monitors all aspects of cord blood unit movement.
- Ensures required legal or other documentation are accurate prior to shipment.
- Creates commercial invoices as required, enters online orders with carriers, tracks and logs new requests.
- Other Accountabilities:
Assists in the tracking, cleaning, packaging, and distribution of various blood product shipping containers.
- Models behavior which supports the strategic goals and initiatives of the NMDP.
- Participates in projects and other activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Principles of coordinating delivery of critical sole-source medical products such as human blood and tissue, using commercial carriers preferred.
- Basic medical knowledge of stem cell transplantation and product handling for protection from bloodborne pathogens.
- Understands the principles of confidentiality in a medical setting.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office including OneNote preferred.
- High capacity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship focused and strong customer service orientation.
- Advanced organizational skills for self-directed work, excellent attention to detail and accuracy with a keen focus on quality.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Possesses solid judgment to escalate in a timely manner.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree in logistics, supply chain, business, or healthcare field. On evaluation, equivalent education and/or experience in a relevant position may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- One year of combined experience in a quality-controlled environment in any of the following disciplines: International trade and logistics; Coordination and scheduling of product deliveries and shipments; Supplier management. On evaluation, previous experience in a relevant position in an NMDP department may be substituted for the experience requirement.
Proof of being up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster when eligible, with acceptable documentation is required for employment. NMDP will consider all requests for medical or religious accommodation.
- Pay Basis: Yearly
- Schedule: Full-time
- Driver Policy: No
Job Type: Full-time
Your application has been successfully submitted.