Trade Compliance Analyst II
Full Job Description
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Responsible for performing tasks associated with international trade facilitation and compliance in accordance with all government regulations.
- Ensure the proper HTS classification, ECCN, valuation, marking, and country of origin of imported and exported merchandise and the proper use of duty preference programs
- Ensure compliance with Customs and all other partnering government agencies
- Act as a resource for researching, providing guidance, and responding to Customs compliance questions from various company departments and divisions
- Serve as contact for Customs brokers to insure the proper declaration of information and provide discrepancy resolution to ensure timely processing of entries
- Support the development, maintenance, and delivery of internal training programs as necessary
- Assist in the review, development, and implementation of Customs Compliance procedures while complying with all federal regulations
- Maintain Customs Compliance databases as necessary
- Maintain records in accordance to Customs and Thermo Fisher’s record retention policies
- Develop corrective action recommendations for non-compliance of any policies, laws, regulations, or contract requirements
- Process internal post-entry amendments to ensure compliance with Customs regulations
- Identify opportunities for duty refunds and savings including classification, valuation, trade programs, and duty drawback
- Generate compliance metrics for reporting within the department and to management
- Perform other compliance related duties and/or projects as required, including, but not limited, to: supply chain security, export reviews and licensing, and performing audits
- Other duties as assigned
The position is ideal for a candidate that is prepared to adopt an important role within Thermo Fisher Company which is a combination of creative work, routine, and work within Trade Compliance and Customs law. The successful candidate will determine and assign Export and Import data and information. In addition, this person will perform data transfer tasks, generate reports to measure data quality, and resolve process issues to ensure global standardization of product data within Thermo Fisher.
The candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- College degree preferred and 3-5 years related Customs compliance, import/export operational experience required
- Knowledge of HTSUS, GRIs, Binding Rulings, Explanatory Notes, Valuation, Rules of Origin, ECCN’s, FTA’s, CROSS and C-TPAT
- Experience with other Government Agency compliance
- Able to identify and take corrective action in resolving Customs issues as they relate to internal systems, processes, customers, suppliers, and service providers
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook,)(Access and Visio a plus)
- Knowledge of ERP systems (QAD is a plus)
- Attendance and accountability is a critical function of this position
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies:
- A cooperative team player with a strong sense of responsibility
- Strong interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written
- Detail oriented, quality and process driven, pro-active, able to cope with stress, good problem solving skills and setting priorities
- Self-motivated with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive tasks
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- A commitment to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Your application has been successfully submitted.