Customs Compliance Specialist
The Compliance Specialist’s key responsibilities is to
- Execute compliance policies, training and monitoring to manage and minimize the company’s compliance risk and ensure optimal performance on customer accounts;
- Provide regulatory and compliance advice to customers;
- Support communication of trade regulatory requirements and changes to customers; and
- Provide professional pre and post summary services as an additional revenue stream.
- Monitor Panalpina Compliance Dashboard daily and perform audit of files in accordance with company standard operating procedures.
- Determine root cause and implement corrective actions within the Customs Services Center (CSC) / District to prevent future occurrence.
- Monitor compliance and timeliness and pursue preventive and corrective actions as needed.
- Act as a Customs and Other Government Agency (PGA) compliance subject matter resource for the CSC and customers.
- Research Customs and PGA topics raised by customers and provide advice and support to customers.
- Monitor changes in regulatory compliance that impact customer base and communicate those changes.
- Contribute to Customs Services customer alerts and newsletters.
- Manage activity related to post-entry issues including post summary corrections, protests, and penalty notices and liquidated damage claims.
- Oversee the centralized Management and Control of TIB entries.
- Address compliance issues and initiatives during CSC meetings and provide on-going training to address errors and performance issues identified during monitoring.
- Create additional revenue streams through the execution of professional services related to binding ruling requests, responses to
- Notices of Action and Requests for Information, TIB Management, Post Summary Corrections, classification projects and other pre and post summary projects.
- Upon identification of process or internal control gaps in country standards escalate for resolution to Trade Regulation Compliance and Country Customs Services’ Business Process Manager.
- Participate in quarterly business reviews with customers as the compliance liaison providing updates on regulation and customs operational changes that impact the customer.
- Identify controls and measurements to support and enhance the trade compliance efforts of accounts as part of providing additional professional services.
- Assist with special projects or assignments, as requested.
- Establishing & utilizing internal controls (entries, paying duty & handling liquidations)
- Brokerage branch monitoring
- Determining and declaring a Customs value for a company’s transactions
- Classifying imported articles, saving and utilizing classiﬁcation information
- Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) and ACE Portal reports
- Qualifying (or not) for duty free exemptions and free trade agreements
- Using and knowledge of TIBs, bonded warehouses, Inbounds, FTZs, & drawback
- Learning of, and dealing with, import restrictions and PGA requirements
- Post entry activities – amendments, protests, claims, tenders and disclosures
- eRecord-keeping requirements and complying with the rules
- Responding to Customs requests and actions
- Dealing with liquidated damages & audits CBP trade priorities
- Cargowise one experience preferred
- LCB preferred
- Proficient in Excel
- Payment frequency Annual
- Salary currency USD
- Job town/city Iselin
Your application has been successfully submitted.