Senior Manager, Trade Compliance Standards (New Consumer Health Company)
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Trade Compliance Standards (New Consumer Health Company). This position will be in Skillman, NJ. Other NA locations can be considered; open to remote but must work EST hours.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.1 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with works councils and other employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals.
It is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, this position may be conveyed with New Consumer Health. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to the successful candidate by New Consumer Health at an appropriate time and would be subject to any necessary consultation processes.
Design and implement the regional Trade Compliance roadmap to strengthen overall capability, compliance and efficiency across processes and standards
- Advise business on evolving and existing regional import and export trade regulations.
- Ensure consistent E2E implementation of cross border strategies, both internally and with third party providers, to optimize efficient and compliant trade flows.
- Proactively apply regulatory knowledge and duty optimization strategies to maintain compliant and cost-effective cross border trade flows.
- Drive regional implementation, continuous improvement and governance of import and export standards and operating procedures that meet evolving regulations and requirements and fit NCHC’s global business.
- Support governance and oversight of external consultants/contractors supporting regional compliance processes, as needed.
- Use project management disciplines, collaborating with cross functional stakeholders, to support implementation of remediation and productivity enhancement solutions.
- Develop best practices, leading edge training curriculum and delivery approaches that enable effecting training approaches.
- Use experience with data strategy and management to support Key Performance Indicators and Metrics for designated commercial and risk objectives.
- Represent in relevant trade organizations and provide supporting role in analyzing and commenting on any pending regulations, legislations, or trade agreements.
- Collaborate with teams of trade compliance professionals and J&J businesses to build trust, influence, motivate self and others, practice diversity and inclusion, and make informed and timely decisions.
- Perform all other relevant activities relating to job accountabilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a focus in logistics, supply chain, compliance and/or transportation preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years of direct functional expertise in any of the following areas: global trade compliance/operations, regulatory compliance, or equivalent.
- Ability to lead teams, exhibit strong collaboration skills, effectively negotiate, and influence skills,
- Prior experience with global trade management systems such as SAP GTS, E2Open or similar systems
- Prior experience using global data strategies to drive cost and compliance objectives
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced degree with global trade certification preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of project management experience and ability to drive continuous improvement preferred
- Audit skills applied in multinational environment and experience are highly preferred
- Prior experience interfacing with regulatory agencies and industry peers and companies, preferred
- Experience working in an international environment, preferred
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.