RS CS Distribution & Logistics Specialist III
Full Job Description
RS CS Distribution & Logistics Specialist III [St. Louis, MO] in GAC St. Louis
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or GED required. College coursework desired. 3 years experience in distribution, warehousing, material handling, shipping, or receiving. One (1) year Gulfstream experience preferred.. Valid Driver’s License required.Position Purpose:Use a strong understanding of all regulatory and quality practices to perform the receipt inspection, storing and shipment of material (domestically and internationally), to support AOG requirements and distribution needs in all Gulfstream markets. Under low to moderate supervision, play role to ensure that inventory is replenished in a timely manner and all documentation and export requirements are fully adhered to. Demonstrate an understanding of business expectations for Supply Operations and an ability to operate in a high-paced, productive environment to support all internal customer requirements in a timely, professional manner.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions:
- Monitor and assist in resolving AOG situations in a timely manner. Ensure conformance to AOG response policy to include effective and timely communication and execution.
- Process pick tickets/ orders by pulling and issuing parts to support service center, spare parts sales, back shops, ASC and distribution allocation. Ensure all applicable regulatory documentation accompanies parts and ensure exportation to aircraft tail number compliance.
- Prepare parts for shipment to customers, vendors, supplier facilities and distribution allocation in accordance with FAA, EASA, and other Civil Air Authorities’ regulations. Display strong understanding of country specific bilateral agreements and regulatory requirements.
- Hold RI and CDI inspection stamps. Using delegated receipt inspection authority, receive and inspect all parts in accordance with FAA, repair station or PAH requirements, utilizing all current and legacy inventory systems.
- Strong understanding of trade compliance guidelines. Ensure customs clearance compliance by confirming HS codes, manufacturer certification, and country of origin information prior to shipment as applicable. Complete electronic customs filing as applicable.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of inventory management systems (such as Corridor, IWS and SAP) to process all transactions associated to material handling and distribution.
- Handle, transport and prepare the shipment of Dangerous Goods in accordance with DOT, FAA and any other applicable standards.
- Understand and transact core and warranty exchanges and customer property.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of special inventory processes and programs to include CIMs, Special Missions, ASC Kitting, military contracts and others as required.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment and assist in facility management and general housekeeping.
- Demonstrate brand protection awareness by adhering to Material Handling Standards.
- Instruct and mentor new or inexperienced personnel as required.
Perform other duties as assigned.Other Requirements:
- Ability to obtain certification to operate forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. Ability to pass DOT medical exam.
- Strong working knowledge of computerized inventory procedures to include experience in material services, inventory control or production control.
- Corridor/SAP experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, personal computer, telephone, fax & copier.
- Must be able to work all shifts and weekends. Shifts are subject to change at short notice.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Requisition Number: 201787
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 02/28/2023
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information | Site Utilities | Contacts | Sitemap
Copyright © 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
Your application has been successfully submitted.