Import Export Coordinator
Full Job Description
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Our Global Chemicals business has exceptional growth potential. Global Chemicals was built from several acquisitions and provides a full range of analytical reagents and discovery chemicals to Thermo Fisher’s core research markets worldwide. Global Chemicals has been identified as a strategic growth area for the company with expansion opportunities in the US, Europe and developing markets, particularly Asia. Global Chemicals has 14 operational facilities in the US, Europe, and Asia, and sells a significant portion of its products through Thermo Fisher customers channels group in major Western markets.
Discover Impactful Work:
The Export Coordinator is responsible for the dangerous goods documentation process for ocean and air international shipments. Daily communication with the export team is necessary to ensure that the monthly shipment schedule is met on time.
A day in the Life:
- Creates, checks, and verifies accuracy of hazardous documentation
- Handles and responds to all types of documentation and hazardous paperwork inquiries
- Collates & assembles tender documents where necessary
- Listen to the customers’ needs and understand their requirements
- Provide a high and efficient level of service
Keys to Success:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Have a solid understanding of IATA/IMDG regulations and appropriate qualification
- Strong knowledge of Export documentation
- Experience with Export license requirements
- 3+ years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Intermediate level experience in Microsoft word/Excel
- Strong self-motivation with open and clear communication skills, both written & verbal
- Ability to collaborate with others to achieve the department goals
- Experience in managing and prioritizing workloads
We offer annual incentive plan, healthcare, 401K, and a range of employee benefits! Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Your application has been successfully submitted.