Credit Support Specialist - Hybrid Remote
Full Job Description
Credit Support Specialist
Credit Support Specialists have a foundational impact on the organization with a responsibility to own and manage credit-related data within the bank. Our Credit Support Specialists perform various key departmental functions, including reporting, loan covenant & statement tracking, risk rating, credit reviews and credit file maintenance. They partner with Relationship Managers, Portfolio Managers and credit team members within the Commercial Underwriting Center to support the bank's credit approval process.
Team Structure and Development Opportunities
- Reports to the Commercial Credit Support Center Manager.
- Professional career development through assessments, coaching, team building, and mentoring.
- Exposure to senior and executive leadership.
- Collaborative and supportive team environment.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of lending and non-lending products and services, including Treasury Management, Wealth Management, International Trade Services, Foreign Exchange, and Global Capital Markets.
Financial Statement Spreading & Tracking
- Maintain statement tracking system, accurately creating spreads of financial statements to identify inconsistencies or inaccuracies.
- Monitor financial covenant tracking system to ensure compliance
- Prepare the RECAP (Record Evidencing Credit Approval Package) shell with basic attachments.
- Request personal credit reports, background checks, OFAC (Office of Foreign Asset Control) checks and other due diligence as required.
- Prepare various reports accurately and timely, which include but are not limited to: Delinquent Statement Report, Past Due Loans, Covenant Exception Report and/or Input risk rating changes/updates.
- Assist in the preparation of Credit Quality Review (CQR) packages.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) college level Accounting courses OR 2 years of relevant experience in loan documentation, lending support, loan credit analysis, financial statement analysis, accounting, bookkeeping, or general ledger
Seeking candidates with:
- Basic financial accounting knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills and ability to handle multiple assignments
- Attention to detail
Comerica Bank Center (CBC)
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday. This position includes onsite and remote work days as determined by the manager.
Your application has been successfully submitted.