JPM-Trade & Working Capital-Middle Office, Associate
Full Job Description
The successful candidate will interact with a client's business and technical resources in order to execute and project manage the delivery of Trade and Working Capital solutions for Corporate and Financial Institutions. Trade finance products typically provide liquidity, risk mitigation and/or working capital improvement to clients. This role responsible for overseeing execution of contracts during the client onboarding process, implementing the post-deal controls and monitoring of credit related Trade programs. Excellent client relationship, stakeholder management and project management skills are essential.
The TWC Product Management line of business within JPMorgan Wholesale Payments is looking for a contract documentation and deal implementation specialist to join our team to drive the expansion of Trade Products within the Global Trade business. This role will report into the TWC Middle Office and will be actively involved in improving and enhancing the delivery of Trade Products to our clients.
As a member of the Global Trade Middle Office your primary responsibility will be to provide support for the growth and expansion for new and existing Structured Solutions with Trade & Working Capital.
Specific elements of the Global Trade Middle office position that a successful candidate would be required to perform include:
- Contribute to implementation for new and existing Programs with Structured Solutions including documentation and Implementation
- Partner closely with Business partners including Transactors, Program Managers, Product, Sales and Operations
- Maintain or obtain from Legal the standard legal templates for client implementation
- Prepare standard legal documentation package for client or based on input from Legal for non-standard templates
- Receive client comments/ modification requests and coordinate review by Legal and obtain input from other JPM internal stakeholders e.g. Business, Risk, Credit, Compliance, Tax etc.
- Prepare document deviation memo and obtain approvals from relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate document negotiation and discussion with client and engage Legal in client calls, as needed
- Prepare mark-up with changes and obtain Legal confirmation of final execution version
- Coordinate document signing by client and counter signing by JPM
- Signature verification and capacity & authority checks (if standard)
- Maintain executed documents (original safekeeping and soft copy) or coordinate it with relevant Operations teams
- Facility setup coordination
- Contribute to Audits and Control Testing as needed
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Experience working legal documentation preferred
- Knowledge of Trade Finance products
- Working with teams across all regions of the globe
- Comfortable working in within deadlines and interacting with multiple stakeholders including Sales, Product, Corporate banking legal and operations
- 3 to 5 years implementation experience working with Front End, web based systems
- Detail oriented with an audit and compliance mindset
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/work experience
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word for various monitoring and reporting requirements
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Jersey City,NJ $85,000.00 - $115,000.00 / year
Your application has been successfully submitted.