Trade Compliance Sr. Analyst
Full Job Description
Trade Compliance Sr. Analyst
Bell’s Global Trade Compliance department is looking for an innovative, analytical teammate with a global mindset to join our team as a Trade Compliance Sr. Analyst. This position partners with key stakeholders to provide actionable guidance on export/import regulations to ensure compliance with U.S. regulations while enabling successful international business activities. In this role, you will continuously improve Bell’s global trade program through automation, process streamlining, training, risk assessments, etc.
You will work with virtually every function within Bell – engineering, supply chain management, program management, sales, business development, government and commercial contracts, information technology, customer support, security, communications, and legal. And you will work with people at Bell sites globally.
- Apply export/import laws and regulations to determine the appropriate actions;
- Classify Bell products and technologies, documenting the classification analysis performed, and responding to ad hoc export compliance issues;
- Act as direct operational point of contact on behalf of Manager, as needed;
- Provide regulatory interpretation guidance to junior team members as needed;
- Serve as direct liaison to a program and provide dedicated program support including developing solutions to complex issues impacting functional goals;
- Contribute to system access decisions related to export classifications and authorizations;
- Attend program meetings as a representative of the Trade Compliance group and represent the department as a prime contact with decision making authority
- Prepare and administer export and import authorization applications, including approval of export and/or import transactions;
- Review company materials for exportability;
- Approve foreign travel and foreign visitors;
- Develop and present global trade related training materials;
- Conduct risk assessments and audits;
- Perform sanctioned party list screenings;
- Prepare reports and maintain records;
- Continuously improve Bell's trade compliance program by assisting in the development of policies and procedures, automation projects, etc.;
- Maintain a positive work environment and actively collaborate with internal and external customers; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-7+ years' global trade compliance classification experience
- 3-5+ years' experience researching, interpreting, and applying the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Well-organized self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams to work complex issues across departments, levels, and with internal or external customers
- Experience identifying training needs and developing and delivering training to fill knowledge gaps
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent judgement and discretion
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience supporting Foreign Military Sales (FMS), Direct Commercial Sales (DCS), and other unique contracting scenarios
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement advanced export/import control concepts
- Proficiency with SAP, GTS, ENOVIA, CATIA, DECCS, SNAP-R, OCR EASE, Business Objects, Power BI, SharePoint #LI-Onsite
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Recruiting Company Bell Textron Inc.
Primary Location US-Texas-Fort Worth
Job Field Legal
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Job Posting 01/03/2023, 2:28:29 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Your application has been successfully submitted.